Post up some pics of 60s fastbacks.

sixt5

Established Member
what, no love for the coupes?

countryclub.jpg

rolling.jpg

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks, and that's a great looking coupe as well. Nice choice of wheels; that's the first '65-6 I've seen with late-model Mach 1 wheels, and they certainly look sharp.

My induction setup is basically the same setup used on many of the Shelby American 289 competition Cobras in the early-mid '60s, and was available separately through the Shelby parts catalog for Mustangs back in the day. It consists of four Weber 48 IDA downdraft carburetors feeding into an individual-runner manifold. Regarding the actual specs of it, I have a Weber-specific custom cam from CompCams, and after dyno tuning ended up going with 145 main jets, 70 idle, 150 air correctors, and F7 emulsion tubes.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Thanks, and that's a great looking coupe as well. Nice choice of wheels; that's the first '65-6 I've seen with late-model Mach 1 wheels, and they certainly look sharp.

My intake setup is basically the same setup used on many of the Shelby American 289 competition Cobras in the early-mid '60s, and was available separately through the Shelby parts catalog for Mustangs back in the day. It consists of four Weber 48 IDA downdraft carburetors feeding into an individual-runner manifold.

I've seen a few of those setups. They are big $$$$$$.

Your car is gorgeous.:rockon:

03outlaw

Established Member
Lightning larry

I have a 69 Mach 1 (sportsroof) that when it's done I will post up pics however, i am kinda jacking the thread cause I love the bumper stickers and if i were not in the military they would be on my truck!:beer:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
my friend has a 65 couple for 900. cant decide if i wanna buy it.
i got a wrecked 95 modified 5.0 that i can put in it.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i google something the other day and it took me to another message board with a shitload of mean looking coupes.. cowl hoods on them. i'll upload them later

sixt5

Established Member
heres my favorite early model coupe, the SN65

sn65_openhouse.jpg

SN65-MUSTANG-28.jpg

15454%5B1%5D.jpg

Yup, for those who dont know this car. FULL 03/04 cobra swap. engine, trans, suspension, IRS, INTERIOR!. HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of man hours went into this car.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
heres my favorite early model coupe, the SN65

sn65_openhouse.jpg

SN65-MUSTANG-28.jpg

15454%5B1%5D.jpg

Yup, for those who dont know this car. FULL 03/04 cobra swap. engine, trans, suspension, IRS, INTERIOR!. HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of man hours went into this car.

There is a thread somewhere on here that shows the whole build of that car by the builder.

amorrow

Established Member
The Julian brothers' shop is actually just a couple miles from me, and Wayne did some of the work on my '65. They definitely do great work, and I know had another insane '65 Coupe drag-car project in the works, but I haven't made it over there in awhile to know that car's current status. Regarding the SN65...I'd consider it a modified '03 or '04 Cobra rather than the other way around, though. The entire chassis is late-model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread