Post up those winter time mods! ;)

Venomous04

Established Member
Ya wrong pic my bad. Dave is right I'm going for the Recaro SPG XL. My fat ass actually fits in the pole positions (well barely), but for safety I'm going with the SPG XL because the shoulder openings are taller. In the pole positions the shoulder harness would be below my shoulder which is not safe.

Marc.

Joe5.0

Established Member
So you still have the car Joey?

l_8ed6fd29390bac4cdd8d4cf6697f6220.jpg

Yes I Do.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Joey, sorry I missed ya. You should have called.....

Your car...is...uh.... a project now for sure. What happened?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Definately a project now. Every Wire,Bolt,Harness,Part lol is out of the engine bay.Im gonna prep it and paint it gloss red. Main wiring harness is Re-loomed with new black tubeing to look good. Everythings getting cleaned etc. Motor is Getting done right now, just kind of waiting to get it so i can drop it in and somehow try and wire everything back up and fire it. May have to take it to Brads for some wiring.

Hope to have it running By May/June.

vr4_007

Established Member
Got the Whipple in, 60lb's,F.A.S.T setup, MAFia & JLT CF CAI all done. Car idles and cruises great.
Now Im just waiting for the fuel pumps to arrive along with a modified FPDM so I can start tuning.

Also,When I go to do the fuel pumps and PPRV delete,. I have a BAP wiring upgrade laying around from this past summer when I was going to go the BAP route, Rick over at Amazon said Im going to need an upgraded wiring kit for the GT pumps and FPDM,.. Does anyone know if this is the same wiring kit? Or am I going to have to go a different route to upgrade the 6gauge wire to recieve proper voltage?

TIA

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Ramiro,

You will be able to use most of the parts from the BAP wiring upgrade kit with the GT pump set up. What are your plans with the car? The stock pumps and BAP is plenty for low 600's to the tires. The PPRV delete will definately get rid of the hesitation.

I fabbed up all the wiring for my fuel system. It consists of an 8awg input wire switched across 2 relays which feed 2 stock FPDMs. I used Ford harness connectors so no wires were cut and then ran 2 pairs of 12awg marine grade wire to a Fore fuel pump hat with 2 GT pumps.

Let me know if you have any questions. A lot of money can be saved by piecing everything together yourself.

vr4_007

Established Member
Thanks man,.. As of now the cars plans are low 11/High 10 second runs. Maybe 3-4 visits to the track a year. Other than that, just car shows and casual driving. I was pretty sure the BAP would get me by, Im just worried that the mod bug will come back and bite me later down the road and I figured Id rather do it right and complete the first time so I dont have to do it again down the road.

I do have some questions, but let me see what I can dig up first over the weekend,.. your setup looks pretty nice and user friendly but it does intimidate me, electronics and spelling are not my strong points. If it comes down to it, Ill hit you up for more specific info. Thanks for all your help and usefull threads on this forum, I enjoy reading them.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Definately a project now. Every Wire,Bolt,Harness,Part lol is out of the engine bay.Im gonna prep it and paint it gloss red. Main wiring harness is Re-loomed with new black tubeing to look good. Everythings getting cleaned etc. Motor is Getting done right now, just kind of waiting to get it so i can drop it in and somehow try and wire everything back up and fire it. May have to take it to Brads for some wiring.

Hope to have it running By May/June.

Nice, you should smooth the engine by well you can, it would look really clean. Also what did you end up going with engine wise? Hopefully itll be done by the time i get back so we can go cruising

Users who are viewing this thread