Post vids of your Flowmaster Catbacks on 03/04 Cobras!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver95

Established Member
I don't see too many people with FM cat backs on 03/04 Cobras but there has to be people on here that have them.

If you do---lets hear them.

smitty2919

Established Member
That's because they drone, sound like ass, rust out and don't flow well.

On a side note, youtube is your best place for videos.

matt87

Established Member
on a side note the borlas and mags are very played out.

Deric

Established Member
^Somebody always has to complain on here.

I've only seen a few videos with Flowmasters. I'll post them up if I can find them again.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

I've got over a 100,000 miles on my FM 70 and it's still intact (on my Explorer)?

If I ever buy another Mustang, FM are going on it:rockon:

crystal_SVT

Established Member

That's your opinion.. And are you really gonna bitch about how they flow?? lol Whats the difference btw mufflers like 5 hp at best maybe..? Go by a Honda with that logic.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
If I wanted a car that sounded like every shitcan 85 mustang, I would buy one. There is Redfire 03 Cobra by me that has flow masters and Bullit wheels. Can't get anymore cliche than that.

I have had Stingers on both my 03 with varying mid pipes. I've also used Bassani and SLP. I preferred the Stingers because frankly everyone that's heard them loves them. Flow masters are not my cup of tea. YouTube does have several clips, just search.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Just like there is a reason for all the borla and mags on the current mustangs, the same goes for why flowmasters are associated with mustangs in general. I had flows on my cobra when I had it, I loved the sound and it performed just as good as any other muffler at the track (you can keep the dynos for your fridge). I'll see if i can find an old vid of it. And I will have flows on any mustang I own that isn't an 05-present.

matt87

Established Member
ported eatons and whipples are played out on cobras too. gotta have a turbo or tvs to be cool you know.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
FM's sound pretty good on 96-04 N/A mustangs. I dont really know what they sound like on a Terminator in person to be honest. May just go to show you why Stingers and Mac X are so popular though.

*waits for Monster5.0 to come in and tell us our cars are junk and we shouldn't worry about it.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
[youtube_browser]8TUiC9-mPr0[/youtube_browser]

Mac's sound alot better than flows man. Get these as I have them on my 03 Cobra.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Had the IRS flowmaster catback on my '96 Cobra when I first swapped to IRS. The only reason I bought it was because the 3" 45 degree tips were perfect for SN95 ass.

It's cheap aluminized steel, the tips are too small for new edge cars, and they sound like shit on DOHC cars. Welded some stingers in within one month.

JasonSnake

Established Member
My opinion is that many people are using x-pipes with the Flowmasters. I never liked that combination. You have to use FM's with the old fashioned h-pipe / no cats / long tubes to sound amazing. DOHC's included.

svtrookie

Established Member
Guess I am the minority, but I prefer the sound of the chambered mufflers. Flowmasters sound decent,but I prefermac mufflers. Quality isn't the best but they sound unreal paired up with long tubes and on off road mid-pipe.

Gravik

Established Member
MAC ftw. SImilar tone, less drone, sound better, and flow better than Flowmasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread