Post vids of your Flowmaster Catbacks on 03/04 Cobras!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I had Borla Stingers with Basanni X with cats on my 04 Cobra and was way to raspy (sounded nice ideling but after that way to raspy)....Went back to a c/b American Thunder set up and it sounds much nicer..... I have people ask me what I am running and act surprised when I tell them the set up...F/M American Thunder with Basanni X with cats...cant beat the sound..It really sounds nice...

I also had Mac's (loved the sound and similar to F/M but deeper) but honestly the fitment was horrible...Many will agree.....

YouTube Flowmaster and Basanni and you'll get the idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2R8VbgsVc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8EeAhfjcbM

Last edited:

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
I love flowmasters as well as mac products.

I have bbk lts o/r x pipe and flowmasters, this is my first x pipe and with flowmasters it screams. I dont care about drone or interior noise, its quiet enough for me.

I now run magnapacs because I went to a standard rear axle and they are ridiculous, I miss the flowmasters and will be buying another catback so i can have my options lol.

here was my setup with the irs. As a matter of fact im convinced this is my car being driven by it's previous owner in Florida (former stang gang member)date makes it seem very possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eg9y41Mtg&list=PLFB2B41C52DB9E3B7

heres some videos i found

X pipe no cats

2003 cobra flowmaster exhaust - YouTube

Flowmastered Cobra - YouTube

heres one with a H pipe no cats

03 Cobra O/R H-pipe & Flowmaster 44's - YouTube

Last edited:

Cobra_Dave

TRM1N8R
Established Member
Yup thats my baby.. Ill make more videos this weekend.. If you go to my account on youtube ive got some dyno pulls b4 it got more done to it.. Dyno was 453/482 now im estimating 500-550whp getting another dyno session soon.

Jroc

Established Member
If you are someone who honestly thinks that Flowmasters sound like shit on a Terminator then you are either A)Stupid as ****, or B)Lying to yourself. People like to hate on FM for a few reasons. First because they got so popular back in the Foxbody days that people didn't want to follow the crowd. Second because it's not some pretty SS system, but it's more of a budget system. Third is people don't like the concept of a chambered muffler. Forth people like to hate on FM to feel better about their fully stainless, straight threw exhaust.

Sure you can build a poor sounding system using Flowmasters if you want. Still that's usually the case with any exhaust if your priority is to make it as loud as possible. Any v8 Mustang running the right Flowmaster mufflers with a well matched midpipe will sound excellent. I've heard Cobras 2 chamber 40 Series mufflers that sounded better than my old M55's. The Flowmaster system on my truck is very quiet for a aftermarket exhaust as a single 50 series muffler isn't the right FM muffler for getting noticed.

As far as Flowmaster vs MAC neither are the highest quality systems, but they both work fine for their price, and they both sound great in general. I've run pieces from both companies, and FM's quality has always impressed me more than MAC's, but with that said I've never had a issue with a MAC part.

I'm not saying everyone should just run FM, but what I'm trying to say is that in general FM's do not sound like shit, and on the contrary they are one of the best sounding exhaust systems and/or mufflers on the market for a Mustang. SBF or Modular. If they weren't then the 40 series muffler wouldn't be so exactly copied by so many cheap China brand muffler companies. Also people greatly exaggerate how Flowmasters rot or go bad so much. I've never had a problem, and I've only seen 2-3 mufflers that did rot, and get holes rusted in them, and these were on trucks like Z71's, and not a Terminator who's owner works hard at keeping their ride nice.

Last edited:

Hi-Hat

Established Member
I have Flows on my '01. When I first got them I thought they were pretty weak. After adding the longtubes and high flow catted H they really woke up and sounded great.

Added an off-road H and they sound straight up nasty. (In a good way)

I'll find a vid and post up soon.

Kiohtee

Established Member
If you are someone who honestly thinks that Flowmasters sound like shit on a Terminator then you are either A)Stupid as ****, or B)Lying to yourself. People like to hate on FM for a few reason. First because they got so popular back in the Foxbody days that people didn't want to follow the crowd. Second because it's not some pretty SS system, but it's more of a budget system. Third is people don't like the concept of a chamber muffler. Forth people like to hate on FM to feel better about their full stainless, straight threw exhaust.

Sure you can build a poor sounding system using Flowmasters if you want. Still that's usually the case with any exhaust if your priority is to make it as loud as possible. Any v8 Mustang running the right Flowmaster mufflers and can match it well with a good midpipe will sound excellent. I've heard a Cobra running 2 chamber 40 Series mufflers that sounds better than my old M55's. The Flowmaster system on my truck is very quiet for a aftermarket exhaust as a single 50 series muffler isn't the right FM muffler for getting noticed.

As far as Flowmaster vs MAC neither are the highest quality systems, but they both work fine for their price and they both sound great in general. I run piece from both companies and FM quality has always impressed me more than MAC's, but with that said I've never had a issue with a MAC part.

I'm not saying everyone should just run FM, but what I'm trying to say is that in general FM do not sound like shit and on the contrary they are one of the best sounding exhaust systems and or mufflers on the market for a Mustang SBF or Modular. If they weren't then the 40 series muffler wouldn't be so exactly copied by so many cheap China brand muffler companies. Also people greatly exaggerate how Flowmasters rot or go bad so much. I never had a problem, and I've only seen 2-3 mufflers that did rot and get holes rusted in them and these were on trucks like Z71's and not a Terminator who's owner works hard at keeping their ride nice.

Pretty much this x65000! :beer:

I bet all the people talking junk about Flowmaster flow numbers don't even have cars where a top muffler will make a noticeable difference, on a dyno or otherwise. :nonono:

I had a UPR O/R X with Flowmaster 40 Series Originals on my '97 GT and MAC LTs with a BBK O/R H and Flowmaster 40 Series Originals on my built '97 Cobra. Both setups sounded amazing and garnered compliments almost everywhere I went! My Cobra did seem a lot quieter though, but LTs will do that.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
If you are someone who honestly thinks that Flowmasters sound like shit on a Terminator then you are either A)Stupid as ****, or B)Lying to yourself. People like to hate on FM for a few reasons. First because they got so popular back in the Foxbody days that people didn't want to follow the crowd. Second because it's not some pretty SS system, but it's more of a budget system. Third is people don't like the concept of a chambered muffler. Forth people like to hate on FM to feel better about their fully stainless, straight threw exhaust.

Sure you can build a poor sounding system using Flowmasters if you want. Still that's usually the case with any exhaust if your priority is to make it as loud as possible. Any v8 Mustang running the right Flowmaster mufflers with a well matched midpipe will sound excellent. I've heard Cobras 2 chamber 40 Series mufflers that sounded better than my old M55's. The Flowmaster system on my truck is very quiet for a aftermarket exhaust as a single 50 series muffler isn't the right FM muffler for getting noticed.

As far as Flowmaster vs MAC neither are the highest quality systems, but they both work fine for their price, and they both sound great in general. I've run pieces from both companies, and FM's quality has always impressed me more than MAC's, but with that said I've never had a issue with a MAC part.

I'm not saying everyone should just run FM, but what I'm trying to say is that in general FM's do not sound like shit, and on the contrary they are one of the best sounding exhaust systems and/or mufflers on the market for a Mustang. SBF or Modular. If they weren't then the 40 series muffler wouldn't be so exactly copied by so many cheap China brand muffler companies. Also people greatly exaggerate how Flowmasters rot or go bad so much. I've never had a problem, and I've only seen 2-3 mufflers that did rot, and get holes rusted in them, and these were on trucks like Z71's, and not a Terminator who's owner works hard at keeping their ride nice.

I have Flows on my '01. When I first got them I thought they were pretty weak. After adding the longtubes and high flow catted H they really woke up and sounded great.

Added an off-road H and they sound straight up nasty. (In a good way)

I'll find a vid and post up soon.

Pretty much this x65000! :beer:

I bet all the people talking junk about Flowmaster flow numbers don't even have cars where a top muffler will make a noticeable difference, on a dyno or otherwise. :nonono:

I had a UPR O/R X with Flowmaster 40 Series Originals on my '97 GT and MAC LTs with a BBK O/R H and Flowmaster 40 Series Originals on my built '97 Cobra. Both setups sounded amazing and garnered compliments almost everywhere I went! My Cobra did seem a lot quieter though, but LTs will do that.

All proof right here that FlowMaster has a really nice sound....

Jroc honestly said it the best....:beer:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
When I bought my cobra in 06 the only mod that came on it was a flow master cat back. It sounded like garbage and droned like crazy. i put a x pipe on it and man it was terrible sounding Plus it fit like shit and hung way to low. It would scrape every where so I ended up putting a bassani xpipe and manga flow cat back. Sounded so much better and never scraped.

To all the guys that above saying fm sound good go get your hearing checked or you must prefer your car to sound like a greasy old farm truck.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I started out with FM with the stock "H",the added a OR Prochamber. It sounded ok, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with Stingers. I'll never look back. Prochamber and Stingers FTMFW.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Magnapacks + Pypes offroad X = nice tone. Would be even better with LTs.

This is my slow ass 2V.

[youtube_browser]_k4CwfOf_jw[/youtube_browser]

TClark22

Established Member
^^ me no likey that either. lol

Its really all personal preference.

I, myself, hate the sound of flowmasters on mod motors. To me they simply sound like ass. I probably wouldn't even like them paired with kooks LTs. My buddy in high school had a 2v with o/r x and flows...loved the sound initially...then grew to hate it.

BUT they sound great on the old pushrod motors, which is what they were originally designed for back in the day.

Even popular exhausts like stingers, i have mixed feelings about. Sometimes they sound good, sometimes they sound bad. For example...When i first got my GT, i put an o/r h and stinger on it. Thought it was the beez kneez for all of about a year. Then the raspy sound started to get annoying and eventually started hating the sound above like 2k rpm. They have a great idle though. And my roommate in college had a 2v with o/r h and magnapacks...liked it at first but got tired of that annoying rasp they generate with rpm.

I have now had bassani on my 2v since then...like 5 years with the same o/r h and love them.

I no have the 2v anymore but the exhaust setup I am putting on the coyote is longtubes, catted x and my bassani catback. I may like it, i may hate it. Lol

Last edited:

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Absolutely hate the sound of FM. It honestly just sounds like there's no tone, just a really flat pitch throughout the rev range. But to each his own, no ones stopping you from putting them on

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
Buy a flowmaster catback and have your magnpacs too haha once you get tired of flowmasters(if possible)... just switch to the magnapacs or viceversa. I didnt want a cobra that sounded like the majority of the cobras out there so I stay away from borla even though they sound good.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
I have one on my GT and it sounds great. Cobra idle is just pure sex. Nothing sounds better than the 4v imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread