Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I had a post somewhere in this forum but here's a new update.

When I was initially setup with my tune, I reported 493 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno and a number of fellows groaned at how low that was. Knowing that particular dyno and how heavy it loads doesn't much make substance for most folks. So I had the opportunity to jump on a Dynojet during the International Mustang Meet and came up with some more familiar sounding numbers.

The GT500 has the following mods:

JLT Pulley/CAI/Tune Kit which is:

• JLT CAI
  • 2.6 Upper Pulley
  • Metco Idler
  • NGK Plugs
  • Diablosport Predator

Additionally I have:
  • Custom Tune by Tecmotion
  • FRPP Stinger Mufflers (SGT)

Total timing is 20* at WOT and my fueling is in the 11's (11.7-11.4 can't recall offhand) so nothing ridiculous.

Here's the chart:
Darren50LGT500dyno.jpg

and here's a video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91W4_9I2xNU"]YouTube - Darren5.0L's GT500 Dynojet.mp4[/nomedia]

This winter I'm looking at doing a Port/Inlet/TB/OD pulley etc.

Big thanks to Jay Tucker for the awesome bolt-on's and to my tuner for a great setup.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Well, I guess I can't embed YouTube videos. Anyway...

Stock
Run 1: 435.97 hp / 414.24 tq
Run 2: 430.13 hp / 421.58 tq
Run 3: 432.14 hp / 420.28 tq

Custom dyno with mods......TBC

Last edited:

rand

Established Member
Made 540HP and 573TQ 82 degrees, 5-10% Humidity. Just wondering if these numbers make sense. Thanks.

xrayguy

Numbers are fun- But races are won.. I personally have a bone stock- with exception of Pypes axel back (pype bomb) exhaust- 08 GT500. I have out run modified GT500's several times- I have also lost to other cars that had less power (until they hit the NOS) .. show the dyno numbers and be proud... or show up at the track and show off your driving skills... Then you can brag- let's face it if you have enough money your car will potentially have the highest horse power/torque Just ask a Bugatti Veyron sport owner...
My $0.02

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Numbers are fun- But races are won.. I personally have a bone stock- with exception of Pypes axel back (pype bomb) exhaust- 08 GT500. I have out run modified GT500's several times- I have also lost to other cars that had less power (until they hit the NOS) .. show the dyno numbers and be proud... or show up at the track and show off your driving skills... Then you can brag- let's face it if you have enough money your car will potentially have the highest horse power/torque Just ask a Bugatti Veyron sport owner...
My $0.02

Ok, thanks for posting that enlightening bit of info in a DYNO NUMBERS THREAD.

:loser:

Spent

Established Member
Guys, I'm the tuner at TDCauto.com.. Just wanted to share this one with you guys.

Jeff was in the other day for some numbers on the dyno for his new Shelby Super Snake Mustang. After seeing how rich the car was running, he decided that it was time for a tune using SCT tuner.

10-13-10.jpg

Here is the setup:

Shelby GT500R Super Snake Mustang
Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger Upgrade
Borla Exhaust

93 Octane
Tuned with SCT X3 Tuner

We also ran into the issue of the clutch slipping by the 3rd run. With it not slipping peak numbers could have seen up to 650whp but that wont' be a problem for too long. Jeff will be back for a set of Kooks long tube headers, catless X-Pipe, a Spec twin disk clutch, and a retune for more power soon enough.

CLICK FOR EXTRA LONG AND IN NEED OF EDITING VIDEO THAT WAS POSTED LATE NIGHT: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXdkbVuRTk"]YouTube - TDCauto.com - 630whp Shelby Super Snake Mustang - SCT Pump Gas Tune[/nomedia]

Here is the chart on 16psi. The Blue line represents the stock tune. The Red line is the TDC tune.

Super_Snake.jpg

G

GT500NN

2009 stock except Steed Axleback and drop in K&N. Dynojet.

RUN 1: 443.73 rwhp / 430.03 trq
RUN 2: 436.55 rwhp / 422.35 trq
RUN 3: 459.65 rwhp / 418.49 trq

Run 1 was after a 20 minute drive to the dyno with only about a 20 minute cool down. Run two was immediatly after run 1. Run 3 was after a 50 minute cool down on the fans. Weird that the torque feel was off as the hp went up...

Click photo for video.

th_IMG_0192.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

realm187

Vaporized
Established Member
Just had mine done on a Mustang Dyno by Tim Matherly of MV performance. Was pleased with 516hp, 499lbs. torque considering just a basic pulley, ford racing air intake and tune done. Said he could have gotten alittle bit more but pulley was slipping just alittle bit. He ordered a new pulley from Metco and gonna retest next weekend. :rolling:

Nick13

GTSLOW
Established Member
Maybe you guys can help me out. Just bought an 07 with the following mods:
Heat exchanger w/dual electric fans, L&M plenum & throttle body, C&L intake, Corsa axelback, 10% overdrive, 2.6 upper, and a sct x3 Evolution custom tune.

I dynoed on Sunday and only put down 560/548 sae on a dynojet. Do these numbers sound low? I was told that the car should have made 600+.

Edit: I can post the dyno graph up tonight

Last edited:

Spent

Established Member
Maybe you guys can help me out. Just bought an 07 with the following mods:
Heat exchanger w/dual electric fans, L&M plenum & throttle body, C&L intake, Corsa axelback, 10% overdrive, 2.6 upper, and a sct x3 Evolution custom tune.

I dynoed on Sunday and only put down 560/548 sae on a dynojet. Do these numbers sound low? I was told that the car should have made 600+.

Edit: I can post the dyno graph up tonight

Depends. Post a chart with a smoothing of 2 or 3 and a/f ratios. There is more to it than just numbers.

Spent

Established Member
Chart appears to be fairly smooth for a smoothing of 5 although a smoothing of 2 or 3 is best for seeing spark blowout or pre-ignition (a.k.a knock). There is some turbulence towards the top end but I'm leaning towards it being because of running lean and not because of too much timing.

You may be able to pick up another 15-35 whp just from fuel adjustments because of how lean you are running up top. Ideally, you want your a/f ratios to be between 11.7-12.2 under boost for consistency and safety.

You are running in the 13's towards the top end, not safe and costing you power. Usually the chart would be a little bit choppier when running this lean, even at a smoothing of 5. This tells me that you can still add more timing but make sure your a/f ratios are correct first, then you should be able to pick up even more power depending on the amount of timing that is lacking.

Just so you know, when you run this lean, you can keep the engine from knocking by reducing timing, hence my previous statement. If it were already running the timing values that make maximum power, I'm pretty sure the engine would of knocked running in the 13's under boost to the point where you could feel it through the gas pedal.

Also, knock or spark blowout will generally show up on a chart like a sharp V figure in the power and torque lines or a series of V figures if it's multiple knocks/blowout but keep in mind that setting the chart smoothing at 5 will sometimes hide this to a certain extent. Regardless, I can still tell you are not knocking.

Only add timing on a dyno so you can see how it affects the smoothness of the chart and how it affects power as well. If you add timing and loose power, then back off a degree and this will usually be where maximum power is made. If you add timing and you see knock on the chart, then back off 2 degrees on average and this is usually where maximum power is made although it may not hurt to take off another degree and see how power is affected. Keep the chart smoothing preferably around 2 so you can see knock. If you set the smoothing at zero, you may pick up a bad wheel bearing or loose suspension component which can mislead you when interpreting the chart.

I hope that made sense for you and that it helps you.

Nick13

GTSLOW
Established Member
I asked if he had a smoothing of 2 or 3 but he didn't save my dyno. There are a few things I should add. The AFR may be off. It was taken at the tip of the tail pipe instead of in a bung before the cat. The owner of this shop said the difference I should see is only .3 or .4 leaner then what the car is actually running. I don't know if he is correct about this. His car is N/A. Either way it I would like to add fuel and a few more degrees of timing and hopefully pick up the power that I should have. I have been worried about the car's tune since I bought it after learning that the tune it is running was built for multiple cars, not customized for mine.

Thank you for your help. I'll post up results as I get them.

ponyboy96

Established Member
Just got mine dyno'd and custom tuned today. Car made 520rwhp/530rwtq. Mods are VMP 2.59 pulley and custom tune. 2010 stock other than the pulley. I was told the HP was lower due to the car being heatsoaked by the end of the tuning. We were expecting to see in the 540's/530 range.

Users who are viewing this thread