Potential M6 vs GT 500

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Well I accepted BadM6's [who lives 15 miles from me.] challenge to "drag my ass down the highway but for some odd reason he disappeared from the thread and never came back.:lol1:

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Well I accepted BadM6's [who lives 15 miles from me.] challenge to "drag my ass down the highway but for some odd reason he disappeared from the thread and never came back.:lol1:

hahaha funny how that seems to happen :rollseyes

whipplesnake

Established Member
those bmw guys are douche bags, they talked all kinds of shit, then want a supra to race the "found on road dead" If that's how you act when you have money, maybe it's better to be poor.

stanglife0419

Established Member
Holy shit there are some serious douche bags on that forum...
I really don't see what the point of this 200mph bullshit is, if they can't make their point before say 140, then too ****ing bad. Plus, who runs 200mph on the streets? I love how they're throwing SW in there and trying to get you to race him...

16kOrBust

Established Member
I gotta be honest, man, you were the one who came across as a bit of an ass to me on that M6 forum. You were the one that went on there and started a thread about how one tried to race you but you didn't (regardless of the reason). But you never said anything along the lines of "just starting this thread to see if you're on here so we can set up a race in a better spot" or anything like that. It basically seems like you went on there with no real story just to post a thread to get everyone riled up (which worked).

I can't blame them for getting defensive about you basically going on there and starting a thread about how your car WOULD have wrecked there's had you decided to race, when you didn't. Seems kind of pointless to me unless your only purpose was to start crap and tell them that your car is faster.

Anyways, that's just the unbiased impression I got. I wish the race had happened. Those M6s are nasty way up top but from any sort of reasonable speed, there's no way he should be catching you before you have to let off, or at all for that matter, even going up to 200ish mph.

Last edited:

spincobra03

Established Member
I gotta be honest, man, you were the one who came across as a bit of an ass to me on that M6 forum. You were the one that went on there and started a thread about how one tried to race you but you didn't (regardless of the reason). But you never said anything along the lines of "just starting this thread to see if you're on here so we can set up a race in a better spot" or anything like that. It basically seems like you went on there with no real story just to post a thread to get everyone riled up (which worked).

I can't blame them for getting defensive about you basically going on there and starting a thread about how your car WOULD have wrecked there's had you decided to race, when you didn't. Seems kind of pointless to me unless your only purpose was to start crap and tell them that your car is faster.

Anyways, that's just the unbiased impression I got. I wish the race had happened. Those M6s are nasty way up top but from any sort of reasonable speed, there's no way he should be catching you before you have to let off, or at all for that matter, even going up to 200ish mph.

Im probably going to get :burn: but I have to agree with the above post. It sounds like most of those guys arent looking for an argument from the 8 pages or so that I read. They have a point, your comparing a stock m6 to a heavily modded shelby, not exaclty apples to apples. Im sure someone could walk your car with a heavily modded civic or some other kind of car that you would consider inferior if it were stock. Sounded like you were looking for a fight. I hope people dont get pissed at me for saying it, but you kind of made us (mustang owners) look bad by starting a senseless argument. :bash:
But you do have a sweet ass ride!!! Im sure you would smoke the M6 but no need to announce it, just go do it and let the video do the talking.:rockon:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
man I read all that and now i'm tired.........anyway, highlight of the thread, zr1 vs whipple gt500, now that would be sweet.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Hey as I said I was hoping the guy that got stopped might be a member. They sre the one who started the $hit talking.Wanting to race and insulting Mustangs etc. I just wasn't going to back down to their BS. I just gave them the facts in responce to their claims.

1. 1/4 mile 2010 GT 500 faster
2. Virgina International Raceway road course 2007 & 2010 GT 500 faster than a M6 [Car and Driver drivers]
3 One mile dig 2010 GT 500 faster
4. 200mph top end Stock M6 wins but modded GT 500 with 700-800 hp[like mine] have done it in one mile. So it wasn't likely they could beat my car to 200mph .
5. SW 30K Dinan stroker modded M5 against my modded GT 500 [15k mods] even SW said my GT 500 wins the 1/4 mile and the one mile would be "interesting"

6. M6 are awesome cars but GT 500 dom't deserve the smack they were taking. I have posted on several E39 M5 threads and they have been a good bunch of guys but the new m5/M6 crowd is a bunch of arrogant snobs. IMHO

I'd love to get a modded M6 vs modded GT 500 video but haven't found a M6 that will cooperate/.........yet. To bad BadM6 chickened out.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Hey as I said I was hoping the guy that got stopped might be a member. They sre the one who started the $hit talking.Wanting to race and insulting Mustangs etc. I just wasn't going to back down to their BS. I just gave them the facts in responce to their claims.

1. 1/4 mile 2010 GT 500 faster
2. Virgina International Raceway road course 2007 & 2010 GT 500 faster than a M6 [Car and Driver drivers]
3 One mile dig 2010 GT 500 faster
4. 200mph top end Stock M6 wins but modded GT 500 with 700-800 hp[like mine] have done it in one mile. So it wasn't likely they could beat my car to 200mph .
5. SW 30K Dinan stroker modded M5 against my modded GT 500 [15k mods] even SW said my GT 500 wins the 1/4 mile and the one mile would be "interesting"

6. M6 are awesome cars but GT 500 dom't deserve the smack they were taking. I have posted on several E39 M5 threads and they have been a good bunch of guys but the new m5/M6 crowd is a bunch of arrogant snobs. IMHO

I'd love to get a modded M6 vs modded GT 500 video but haven't found a M6 that will cooperate/.........yet. To bad BadM6 chickened out.

It wouldn't be much of a race, anyways, but it would be nice to see it happen. I've run a couple new M5s and M6s and from a dig/low roll they lose. Up on the highway it's pretty even but I've never gone past 5th in my car against one (which tops out at about 140). I'm sure past fifth they'd have an advantage, but my car still pulls strong in 5th and alright in 6th because of the MN12 T56 and the 4.10s. I've done one pull up to 160+ in sixth and it was still movin pretty good.

Bottom line: dig to low roll I win, highway roll to 140ish is a good race, above 140 I imagine they'd start pullin it back on me and I'm sure they'd be long gone by the time I topped out at whatever speed that would happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread