Power Steering Delete Kits.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Hey guys,

I did a search for this before but it was pretty limited on my search terms.

I am looking for a Power Steering Delete kit for the Terminator. We're doing this swap into a Factory Five car with manual steering and no A/C. I found an AC Delete on 50resto.com, but didn't see Power Steering.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dan

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Is there any way to just run a shorter belt with the pully configuration minus PS pump on the terminator motors? I know the alternator is moved as well as several extra pulleys but if possible, a shorter belt would not only have less draw on the motor. and since it is shorter, harder to stretch and hence a longer service life. I know because on my 97 cobra with a turbo I ran a short belt and eliminated the AC and PS pump and ran the belt with a stock alt location and stock water pump as well as stock crank pulley. I just changed one of the idlers (the one directly over the tensioner) from smooth to ribbed and it works great

MVD

Established Member
You guys do know that if you delete the PS pump you also have to swap to manual brakes.

The PS pump drive the brake booster. So even if you leave the pump on the car and run a "short belt" to bypass the PS pump, you will not have any brakes.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You guys do know that if you delete the PS pump you also have to swap to manual brakes.

The PS pump drive the brake booster. So even if you leave the pump on the car and run a "short belt" to bypass the PS pump, you will not have any brakes.

You mean he will have "less" brakes not "no" brakes. DOT would not allow a car on the road that could not stop should the P/S, P/B fail.

If your going with manual brakes you may want to consider reinforcing the pedal bracket under the dash and of possible the firewall around the master cyclinder. I welded both up with .050 4130 chromoly sheet. The Hydro-boost M/C is a boat anchor.

As far as the belts go I think you will have to come up with your own solution

Users who are viewing this thread