Powered coated black rear pipes..... Thoughts?

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I had my rear pipes high temp powered coated black from the mufflers back. I felt like it was a clean look. What's your thoughts? Sorry the pic is bad its dark and rainy. It's upside down too ha ha

i did the same only used hi-temp vht ceramic paint and left the tips polished. i like the way it looks. definately wasn't going the polished route....the salt air = NIGHTMARE

tailpipes_zps515cc200.gif
[/IMG]

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I will be doing this a lot now that we have a huge powder coating machine up and running. its so big that we can do catback exhaust, motorcycle full frames, we just did my quad frame. its exciting lol

hyelife2

Established Member
i did the same only used hi-temp vht ceramic paint and left the tips polished. i like the way it looks. definately wasn't going the polished route....the salt air = NIGHTMARE

+1
I did the same thing with the VHT Ceramic paint and it came out pretty good.
A lot easier to keep clean on a DD. :banana:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
How did painting it with vht work out? I want to go this route but I wasnt sure how long it would hold up

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
How did painting it with vht work out? I want to go this route but I wasnt sure how long it would hold up

Wasn't bad and it's cheaper than the alternative. If it scratches, rattle the can some more ;-)

Last edited:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member

I painted mine. Sanded it then did vht flat high temp 4 coats then 2 coats vht hight temp gloss. Holding up strong! And keeps the exhaust alot cooler after a long hard drive I can grab the pipes bare hand

Users who are viewing this thread