PP and lowering springs

PARTSDUDE

Established Member
I have just gone thru all of the 73 pages of threads. Couldn't quite find the answer. I have ordered the PP. Now having second thoughts. I will never track the car. I will go maybe twice a year to the drags just to see what the car will do. 99% of the driving will be on the street.
Question for you all. Once the lowering springs are installed, would the sport mode for the suspension be used? My 2010 had eibach R1 coilovers. Set up for the drags. Worked good. Didn't really like them for the street. I want the 2013 to be a DD. I just want a lower then stock stance, better then stock cornering, and a somewhat decent ride quality. Not looking for go-cart cornering or ride quality. I even like the wheels better on the base model. Does the lowering springs work ok with the electronically adjustable suspension? Will the lowering springs wear out the struts prematurely?? If so, that will cost a small fortune when needing to be replaced.
I still have a few days in order to change my order with ford.
Thanks guys for any help you can give me.
Ted.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
People have already lowered the cars with PP and they work fine. However if you dont plan to track the car, just get the base model...rides just fine. Thats what I did plus the base wheels are so much better than the PP ones

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
already lowered with steeda springs and bmr adjustable panhard to center it. Rides much better, tighter and more planted

2012-08-01_11-11-36_499.jpg

Zeroescence

Established Member
Devious's car does looks great, but he looks stellar in his new back to school wear from Ross. Dress for less guys.:beer:

Oh and here is my PP with steeda springs on her.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

Van@RevanRacing

I have just gone thru all of the 73 pages of threads. Couldn't quite find the answer. I have ordered the PP. Now having second thoughts. I will never track the car. I will go maybe twice a year to the drags just to see what the car will do. 99% of the driving will be on the street.
Question for you all. Once the lowering springs are installed, would the sport mode for the suspension be used? My 2010 had eibach R1 coilovers. Set up for the drags. Worked good. Didn't really like them for the street. I want the 2013 to be a DD. I just want a lower then stock stance, better then stock cornering, and a somewhat decent ride quality. Not looking for go-cart cornering or ride quality. I even like the wheels better on the base model. Does the lowering springs work ok with the electronically adjustable suspension? Will the lowering springs wear out the struts prematurely?? If so, that will cost a small fortune when needing to be replaced.
I still have a few days in order to change my order with ford.
Thanks guys for any help you can give me.
Ted.

Ted

If you go with the base model and opt out of the PP you have more flexibility with the suspension and modifications. If you go with the PP the adjustable Bilsteins are awesome and a lowering spring works great with them too.

I have the track pack and performance pack on my car and plan on installing Eibach Springs next. Their is another thread going where a customer of mine is installing the Ford Racing Springs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/874294-van-revanracing-strikes-again.html

Van

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Devious's car does looks great, but he looks stellar in his new back to school wear from Ross. Dress for less guys.:beer:

Oh and here is my PP with steeda springs on her.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

well zero's car does look wicked, but I needed to go to Ross to prepare a care package for him since he blew all his back to school money on the car :poke::lol1:

Zeroescence

Established Member
well zero's car does look wicked, but I needed to go to Ross to prepare a care package for him since he blew all his back to school money on the car :poke::lol1:

Well back to school tomorrow. Got the care package, I must say everything fit excellent. Your a great friend Devious. Pic below of me nervous as usual about the first day back. Glad my laptop is up and running. :thumbsup:

cf02cd4d6ecdee8ed54c111e6f54b8ac.gif

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Well back to school tomorrow. Got the care package, I must say everything fit excellent. Your a great friend Devious. Pic below of me nervous as usual about the first day back. Glad my laptop is up and running. :thumbsup:

cf02cd4d6ecdee8ed54c111e6f54b8ac.gif

Im so glad you liked it! it often leaves me hanging on your every word....

images

Users who are viewing this thread