Predictions: 03 KB Vert V.S. Built 402 GTO

Evil6.0

Established Member
:pop: Where are you guys doing this at? I would make the trip from Wilmington and help play camera man to see this! HAHA. It should be a good run!

Probably right down 17 South heading to Wilmington. Are you on any of the local car forums?

Cant wait for the runs... My money is on the Cobra. I am sure your car is boss, but you will be terminated... ;)

:D I got respect for the Terminators so if it terminates me, it will be a glorious death. :bowdown:

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Probably right down 17 South heading to Wilmington. Are you on any of the local car forums?

:D I got respect for the Terminators so if it terminates me, it will be a glorious death. :bowdown:

I am in WOT and SENCMC. This is the biggest forum I play on though. And any death in a good race against a good driver is a glorious death IMO. :beer:

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
:pop: Where are you guys doing this at? I would make the trip from Wilmington and help play camera man to see this! HAHA. It should be a good run!

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to be the camera/chase car. If I could keep up. Should be a good close race. With only the info in this thread, I wouldn't bet one way or the other.

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
Did I find all the GTO nut huggers on svt? Seriously, 450hp cobra vs 450hp GTO. the cobra pulls at least one car. sorry, but that is how it works.

The 450ish rwhp Cobra's I raced, both ran low 12's. Both of them.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Oh really, where do you live?

It says Ohio as my location so that would be a good guess I'd say :thumbsup: if you want to find me an F-body to run in the spring then I'll be up for that.

I made a cam only Camaro look like it was in reverse so I'm not too worried.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
The 450ish rwhp Cobra's I raced, both ran low 12's. Both of them.

It's not just like that with cobras its like that with all cars, but forced induction cars seem to have more trouble.

I remember I went to the track one time saw a ported, full exhaust, bolt on 510 rhwp convertable cobra not even able to get into the 7s in the 1/8th mile....

When I ran a 7.49 in my pullied/bolt on/ big and little cobra he was like :whine:. And some people like broke7 have done amazing times with ported cobras at the track.

Tires are HUGE factor with these positive displacement blower cars. If you are trying to run at the track and dont at least have a bfg drag radial your times are going to suck.

I will say on average most cobras run like piss.. I don't know if it's the driver, tune, or setup but most are disappointing. I am glad mine isnt one of those.

cjack12344231

Established Member
It says Ohio as my location so that would be a good guess I'd say :thumbsup: if you want to find me an F-body to run in the spring then I'll be up for that.

I made a cam only Camaro look like it was in reverse so I'm not too worried.

I didn't see that. What is your power level? I could find you a GTO, if you were closer I would show you how slow a GTO really is. I raced a S/C Mach 1 with the same attitude as you, and pulled buses on him(N20). I had 30rwhp less then him on motor and he was only able to pull a fender. 30-130

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I didn't see that. What is your power level? I could find you a GTO, if you were closer I would show you how slow a GTO really is. I raced a S/C Mach 1 with the same attitude as you, and pulled buses on him(N20). I had 30rwhp less then him on motor and he was only able to pull a fender. 30-130

So you used spray and obviously made much more power than him on no2 and you're bragging? You raced a stock engine Mach when you have a built engine and spray, if you don't win that then that's sad. On motor when you were around his hp you lost, it took you having a lot more power to do what you did.

I'm making around 464whp so find me a GTO around that in Ohio and I'll be sure to get a video.

50q's

Established Member
So you used spray and obviously made much more power than him on no2 and you're bragging? You raced a stock engine Mach when you have a built engine and spray, if you don't win that then that's sad. On motor when you were around his hp you lost, it took you having a lot more power to do what you did.

I'm making around 464whp so find me a GTO around that in Ohio and I'll be sure to get a video.

not to mention TQ would be quite a bit higher on spray. GTO is not an impressive car, they are dogs.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Man Id love to meet up with you guys after I get back from my deployment also. I get back right before the summer though. My car is under the knife right now and all I do is throw money at it every 2 weeks lol.

Ill say the Cobra gets the win but not by much. This should be a good race and would love to see a good video. Be safe and hurry back home.

Sticks n Stones

Goat Rider
Established Member
Any of you guys know someone with a 500'ish rwhp Cobra for me to run in the Seattle area? I'll bump that up to 550'ish rwhp cobra if you guys can find it. Lord knows the 440rwhp and 476rwhp Cobra's I raced when I was heads/cam making 420rwhp couldn't hang. Hell, the 440rwhp Cobra gave me a better run then the 476rwhp stage 4 ported full exhaust Cobra did. And that was dig racing with both of them on drag radials and me on autocross tires (Star Spec's).

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Any of you guys know someone with a 500'ish rwhp Cobra for me to run in the Seattle area? I'll bump that up to 550'ish rwhp cobra if you guys can find it. Lord knows the 440rwhp and 476rwhp Cobra's I raced when I was heads/cam making 420rwhp couldn't hang. Hell, the 440rwhp Cobra gave me a better run then the 476rwhp stage 4 ported full exhaust Cobra did. And that was dig racing with both of them on drag radials and me on autocross tires (Star Spec's).

You drive a car where all you have to do is mash the gas (auto) and beat some cars from a dig that lacked the driver mod. Face it your GTO is a pig and when all things are equal you will get beat by a coupe cobra making similar power everytime.

cjack12344231

Established Member
You drive a car where all you have to do is mash the gas (auto) and beat some cars from a dig that lacked the driver mod. Face it your GTO is a pig and when all things are equal you will get beat by a coupe cobra making similar power everytime.

I also raced a 470 cobra, I was making 420 and it was dead even. My car is so slow, yet you are slower then me. Face it you drive a slow POS

Sticks n Stones

Goat Rider
Established Member
Just raced another whining Cobra this morning. This time it was a '99-'01 convertible with what sounded like a Eaton swap on it. Had the typical blower whine of a stock pullied '03/'04 Cobra, with what had to be stock exhaust. Actually think I know who this guy is, drivetrain came out of a friends '04 Cobra that he parted out.

Needless to say with it being so close to stock it was neither close nor fair but he initiated it both times. I can post the vid if you guys want but you will have to wait until tonight as I can't upload to youtube from my work computer.

Last edited:

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Why do I never run up on people that wanna run em? :shrug: I like all cars, but would love to run up on one of the GTO's on here that think the Cobra's are trash. :burn: Win, lose, or draw, Just for fun.

Last edited:

Alien STI

Established Member

I got a STI for you to run!!!!! Want SOME!?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread