predictions for whipple set up

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
you'll be comin to kilkare?

I'm usually there on Thursday's later in the season. I have other things to do on Thursday nights between now and then. It's a little harder to get out there on Thursday's now, since I have to wait for my wife to get home and watch our baby. I'm sure by the end of August or early September I'll make a few Thursday nights.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
who needs a slick, leave at idle on a small 275 radial on stock rims will get it done
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRFlj77DIA"]YouTube- AKRP 1040[/nomedia]

With that being said, im on a slick this year after toolin around on a DR last year.

mustang john

Established Member
Man what read, i have never seen so much chest pounding between 12 sec cobra drivers before lol! Just get out to the track and get some practice, thats all it takes to make these cars go fast relative to your power level and suspension setup. You wanna run fast on street radials you can do that if you have the patience to do it, or get some good sticky tires and launch the crap out of it (my prefered method). Best part is is that the practice is REALLY fun! Guess i will share alittle too, as you will see compared to broke7 im not the greatest at banging the gears but im getting better every pass.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdKU9uydvw"]YouTube- Cobra at the track 3/26/10 10.99 @ 125[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
the red is the eaton and 2.76 pulley, the blue is the whipple at 16-17 psi

forumgraphs.jpg

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Getting there.... but i ran that faster than that before i ported the eaton :dancenana:

Sorry but im in kind of an antagonistic mood today lol

this was my first trip to the track with this set up and by far the fastest ive ever been at the track. its a learning process for sure. any tips are appreciated. i think im shifting too late and too slow.

mustang john

Established Member
this was my first trip to the track with this set up and by far the fastest ive ever been at the track. its a learning process for sure. any tips are appreciated. i think im shifting too late and too slow.

Best tip i can give you is practice, play with your shift points and launch rpms and work on getting it in the next gear as fast and as smooth as possible. You will learn what the car likes and the ETs will drop and MPH will jump up.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Best tip i can give you is practice, play with your shift points and launch rpms and work on getting it in the next gear as fast and as smooth as possible. You will learn what the car likes and the ETs will drop and MPH will jump up.

what is the fastest way to shift?

mustang john

Established Member
what is the fastest way to shift?

Just hit the next gear as fast as possible, less time between gears spent means lower ETs. I have given this example before... my buddy ran his 99 cobra and was running 13.0s, i ran it same night and ran 12.7s and his sixty was slightly better and neither of us were powershifting. All it was was quicker gear changes, that and his T45 tranny shifted like butter to me compared to my T56 lol!

Users who are viewing this thread