Prelude to my radical twin turbo build (pic heavy)

CPRsm

I thought about doing a mini-tub, but it doesn't look like it would help much on these cars due to the placement of the rear frame rails. I've debated backhalfing the car, but I am holding off for now.

Yeah, the AC and heat are gone. I'll try to get some more pics of the front bars and the dash in a day or two.

Yeah, I was looking at knocking the framerail back. Mroe time consuming than your average mini tub for sure. I wanted the 12's to tuck real nice like. But 10's should work just fine.

What are the goals for the car other than super fast ? You're crazy man. I'm becoming an old whinny bitch after years of old cars without AC. lol Looking forward to this.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
very nice work and sounds like a awesome build

is the car going to see much street use? I ask because of the Strange fronts

rodfarva

Established Member
Yeah, I was looking at knocking the framerail back. Mroe time consuming than your average mini tub for sure. I wanted the 12's to tuck real nice like. But 10's should work just fine.

What are the goals for the car other than super fast ? You're crazy man. I'm becoming an old whinny bitch after years of old cars without AC. lol Looking forward to this.

I'm not sure that I have any specific goals, other than just having fun with it.

very nice work and sounds like a awesome build

is the car going to see much street use? I ask because of the Strange fronts

It will see very limited street use

bull3441

Established Member
are you going to stick with the manual or go automatic? it looks like you will have an 8sec set-up with the TT, but may be stuck in 9's with the manual. i commend you for having the balls to go this far.

rodfarva

Established Member
are you going to stick with the manual or go automatic? it looks like you will have an 8sec set-up with the TT, but may be stuck in 9's with the manual. i commend you for having the balls to go this far.

I really don't think that the 6-speed will hold up to the kind of power I'm planning on making (1600-1800 rwhp), so I'll probably have to go with an auto trans.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Wow! Thats badass! I've always wanted an extra Cobra to do that to! Tons of weight to shed! Good job!

breoland

Established Member
awesome work. after all the weight shavings are you going to consider an alluminum block or do you perfer the stock one to hold the power?

bull3441

Established Member
I really don't think that the 6-speed will hold up to the kind of power I'm planning on making (1600-1800 rwhp), so I'll probably have to go with an auto trans.
:bowdown: LOl i thought you're just looking for like a 1000whp set-up. god damn.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Awe Yea....My Man!!! Is the entire Kentucky contingency in this section doing major surgery on our cars this year???

jazz05

Established Member
any chance you want to part with the heater box and any of the other stuff you pulled out of the dash ? please pm me

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Do you have any weights on any of the stuff removed, Id like to add it to my weight savings thread

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Holy bejesus! That's just badass! Cant' wait to see the updates as this project proceeds.

If you decide to go auto and end up changing the console or ditching the top portion of it that surrounds the shifter, keep me in mind for a buyer. I need one for a project I'd like to try.

rodfarva

Established Member
Do you have any weights on any of the stuff removed, Id like to add it to my weight savings thread

the under dash HVAC box weighs 20 lbs

If you check out s197forum, there is a very extensive list of weights of various parts

any chance you want to part with the heater box and any of the other stuff you pulled out of the dash ? please pm me

possibly, but it would probably cost more to ship the stuff to you than it is actually worth

Awe Yea....My Man!!! Is the entire Kentucky contingency in this section doing major surgery on our cars this year???

Apparently. Are you going to the KyHorsepower Shootout this weekend? I'm planning on going if the weather is ok. I'm running slicks, so I won't be competing but may do some t&t

awesome work. after all the weight shavings are you going to consider an alluminum block or do you perfer the stock one to hold the power?

I'd like to go to an aluminum block. MMR uses an aluminum block in their 2300 hp car and it seems to be holding.

Users who are viewing this thread