Prelude to my radical twin turbo build (pic heavy)

rodfarva

Established Member
^ That's the plan, but I'm always waiting on parts to get here which has put me way behind schedule

rodfarva

Established Member
Freshened up the 'Glide and upgraded to a JW Ultra Case and Tailshaft Housing. The OEM case had just about seen its better day.

2f6688a5.jpg

02bbe293.jpg

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Man the car is looking great!! If I didn't already have a race car being built I'd being doing the same thing.

rodfarva

Established Member
Here is a pic of my custom ice tank and fuel cell. The ice tank is approximately 5 gallons and the fuel cell is about 10.5 gallons. I'm either gonna go back later and polish or powdercoat them, but they will have to stay as they are for now due to time constraints. Thanks to Charles at G.R.E.A.D Tuning and Troy Cobb for their help making these.

4778ca1f.jpg

rodfarva

Established Member
Lined the ice tank/reservoir with insulation to prevent sweating

100_1895.jpg

The spare tire well has been cut out and replaced with a flat sheet of stainless steel. I welded studs to it for mounting the ice tank and fuel cell and covered it with trunk liner.

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

100_1903.jpg

I think I should have plenty of fuel

100_1900.jpg

My new mechanical throttle pedal ready to mount in the car

100_1893.jpg

Van@RevanRacing

Lined the ice tank/reservoir with insulation to prevent sweating

100_1895.jpg

The spare tire well has been cut out and replaced with a flat sheet of stainless steel. I welded studs to it for mounting the ice tank and fuel cell and covered it with trunk liner.

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

100_1903.jpg

I think I should have plenty of fuel

100_1900.jpg

My new mechanical throttle pedal ready to mount in the car

100_1893.jpg

Impressive...........

Did you ever give any thought to plumbing a portion of the fuel line through the ice cell to keep the fuel temperature down? I realize there is a condensation consideration but with the lines running through cold water however cooler fuel entering the fuel system can help to a degree. Just a thought and wondering if you gave it some consideration.

Be cool to see her fly when you're done!

rodfarva

Established Member
Yeah, I considered running a coiled fuel line through the ice tank, but after speaking with others, it didn't really seam like it was necessary.

rodfarva

Established Member
Alright, since this thread has strayed a little bit from it's title and since the twin turbo build is still a while off, I'm gonna start a new thread featuring the current 4.0L Whipple build...stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread