Prelude to my radical twin turbo build (pic heavy)

rodfarva

Established Member
A couple more pics of my center gauge cluster:

100_1717.jpg

100_1716.jpg

Here is a teaser pic related to my latest project

100_1704.jpg

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Strange Brakes

Would love to hear more about your impressions on these Strange Brakes. I know they cut off a lot of weight off the car, which is ideal for the weekend and the strip as you say. How do they feel when stopping and going in 25-30 mph traffic?

The new and much lighter front brakes
strange2.jpg

rodfarva

Established Member
Neither myself nor Strange would recommend them for stop and go traffic. They will get hot and warp. As far as feel goes, it's tough for me to say. I converted to a manual master cylinder at the same time I did the Strange brakes, so I don't know how they would feel with the power brake booster.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Strange Brakes

Thanks for responding so quickly on the brakes. I realize that they aren't recommended for normal street driving, but I have heard people say that they drive them on the street. It would rock if there was a nice weight saving hybrid brake that offers the "best of both worlds." Trying to keep the car street-able. The closest thing I have found are the brakes offered by Full Tilt Boogie Racing.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The Gauge cluster is AWESOME.....If only the AC / Heater vents would still be in play.

Alan

Probably could be if you used two or three gauges and added a few cuts for venting. Kind of like the old Fox body HVAC vent clusters.

rodfarva, keep em coming man, I can't wait to see more:beer: :rockon:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Awesome and fun project. Everything looks great.

BTW, it looks as though the lower left corner of the gauge cluster, to the bottom left of the boost gauge is not flush. FFS

rodfarva

Established Member
It's not very exciting, but I've been working on consolidating my wiring and relays into one location.

Here is a relay and fuse panel that will go under the dash. It will mount under the passenger airbag cover where the airbag used to be.

100_1754-1.gif

And, just in case you didn't see it in my other thread, here is the recently installed shifter and custom bezel for the Powerglide

100_1762.jpg

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Right now my cage is certified to 8.50, so we shall see... ;-)

At that weight with the glide I'll bet you get close with the blower. The TT's once dialed in gonna be nasty! You switching engine management systems? I look forward to watching this build evolve. Beautiful car, keep up the good work!
:beer:

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Gonna be using Big Stuff 3

Not sure how soon you're gonna order up the BS3 but a friend of mine and myself are going to order two systems together for our Lightnings and the total discount they offered was $600 bucks. If you haven't already ordered maybe we can do 3 systems and get an even better break. LMK if you're interested.

rodfarva

Established Member
Ok, it has been a while since I have updated this thread. No, I haven't started the twin turbo build yet, but I am making some minor changes to the car in order to prepare for the shootout at NMRA. Here are some teaser pics.

100_1881.jpg

100_1886.jpg

a3cf3ff3.jpg

100_1888.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread