Prey (Predator 5)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
It was good, worth the watch.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Just finished watching it. I liked it. Loved the bear vs predator scene. The wolf was pretty good as well. Way better than the last film.

Whats the next setting? Ancient Rome? Predator vs gladiator? Lol or maybe caveman.

I think they did a good job with the weapons and fighting. The scene with all the trappers was pretty good.

Only thing i dont get is why doesnt it have its armor? It has a primitive type helmet but modern weapons, and a spaceship..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's streaming exclusively on Hulu at this point, so I'll have to wait until it moves to another streaming service for me to watch it.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Wayhman power, with a ****ing bow and arrow, when 10 highly trained special forces couldn't ****ing kill one predator back in 1987. They are taking every strong, masculine, successful franchise and turning them into a tampon commercial. GTFO with your bullshit.

I thought it was worth the $6.99 monthly Hulu fee and not getting up off my couch. LOL

But yeah, I kept thinking how in the original Predator that it wiped out all the special forces and they had modern weapons, yet Native Americans took it down with little more than a cotton ball and string. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought it was worth the $6.99 monthly Hulu fee and not getting up off my couch. LOL

But yeah, I kept thinking how in the original Predator that it wiped out all the special forces and they had modern weapons, yet Native Americans took it down with little more than a cotton ball and string. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
LOL. Well, I decided to sign up for Hulu. I've been wanting to try it again to compare it to YouTube TV which I've been using for almost two years. I'll get to watch Prey tonight or tomorrow night.

mlackke

Established Member
Just watched it and like many already stated, it was ok, 2nd best Predator film. It had lot of good elements from original film, altough after bear scene it started go south very quickly, such as
- Predator was suppose to be a hunter, eg killing one by one and in the end it just started idiotic killing spree by acting as standing target to everyone

- Cloaking, wtf it did not make sense what so ever when Predator decided use cloaking and when not

- Ending was stupid and already done in Predators movie...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
+1 on the "best Predator movie since the original" rating. I liked how the equipment the Predator brought was matched to its probable opponents.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Finally had a chance to watch it tonight.

It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great either. Just one of those movies where you get to the end and you’re like meh.

Formula for a better movie was there but they dropped the ball. Having a female lead was a mistake. She stumbles through the movie surviving only by blind luck then somehow becomes a badass in the 3rd act because StRoNg iNdEpEnDeNt FeMaLe.

Comanches didn’t have female warriors. They did have a lot of skilled male warriors though and it would’ve been a better storyline to see a group of them face off against the green blooded alien.

They were famous for their horsemanship too which would’ve been cool if they were able to incorporate that aspect.

The cinematography was beautiful but again they were plains Indians and they were fighting in the mountains on foot?

Fight scenes were cool and the Predator was a badass as usual. The movie was slow to start but the pace eventually picked up.

I was hoping for something better.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I liked it. Not nearly as good as the first, obviously, but better than the 2nd; I definitely enjoyed it. The CGI was definitely a bit weak on the animals, but I don't think this movie had the biggest budget.

I was ok with the female lead, as the movie showed a decent hero progression, and the director didn't try to cram any woke shit in. This is what you except out of a "realistic" female lead, she doesn't have the physical strength but can have the smarts to hunt this thing. But I absolutely agree with @HudsonFalcon I would have preferred to see some more badass Comanche warriors on horseback.

This is more of me nerding-out, but I also liked that this a different acting Predator than the first and 2nd. I read a bunch of the Predator books when I was younger, and the Yautja hunters try to match their equipment (somewhat) with their prey, so that explains the lack of shoulder canon. And there were some Yautja that preferred calm, stealthy hunting like in the first movie, and some like this one that were less controlled (director called him feral) and preferred killing anything they could.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like your comment about this Predator behaving different, maybe preferring to kill anything he could. The more I read these posts, the more I'm looking forward to watching it.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Predator is chicken shit. Always hiding with that invisible shit, then setting off shit while he runs away. Man up and take your ass whooping if that’s what happens. His “prey” don’t have the ability to go invisible and fancy ass gadgets and weapons. That Grizzly had him on the ropes and let him live, then he sucker punched him.. weak.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Watched it last night. 2/4 from me.

The CGI of the rabbit and bear were pretty bad. The movie was OK, but the end was weak. I went in thinking it was going to be a girl power woke shit show. It wasn't this until the end, and then only a mild portrayal of "women get it done".

It was mildly entertaining. I don't regret watching it once, but it's not good/fun enough to watch again.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Watched it last night. 2/4 from me.

The CGI of the rabbit and bear were pretty bad. The movie was OK, but the end was weak. I went in thinking it was going to be a girl power woke shit show. It wasn't this until the end, and then only a mild portrayal of "women get it done".

It was mildly entertaining. I don't regret watching it once, but it's not good enough to watch again.
My issue is that the premise of the movie is great, but the ship made a hard left turn (pun intended) into the beach.

The reason I won't watch it is because at some point in production the developers fell off the "let's make a great F'n movie cart", and fell into a pile of two day old woke turds.

And just like The Predator, they don't have the sense that God gave geese and knew they were making a movie that no one would watch twice, yet plowed ahead. At least DC knew what they produced with Batgirl, and pull the plug on distribution.

So if I won't watch Prey twice, why watch it at all?

I watched Tombstone last night for about the 100th time. No gay relationships thrown in for "rEpReSEntaTion", or Doc Holiday cast as a angry lesbian. Just a great movie.

Geez I hate these times.

E

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally had a chance to watch it tonight.

It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great either. Just one of those movies where you get to the end and you’re like meh.

Formula for a better movie was there but they dropped the ball. Having a female lead was a mistake. She stumbles through the movie surviving only by blind luck then somehow becomes a badass in the 3rd act because StRoNg iNdEpEnDeNt FeMaLe.

Comanches didn’t have female warriors. They did have a lot of skilled male warriors though and it would’ve been a better storyline to see a group of them face off against the green blooded alien.

They were famous for their horsemanship too which would’ve been cool if they were able to incorporate that aspect.

The cinematography was beautiful but again they were plains Indians and they were fighting in the mountains on foot?

Fight scenes were cool and the Predator was a badass as usual. The movie was slow to start but the pace eventually picked up.

I was hoping for something better.

Good review. I just re watched the original to prepare. Not to blasphemy but the original is not *that great.* It is entertaining and fun but there are plenty of silly plot holes too.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My issue is that the premise of the movie is great, but the ship made a hard left turn (pun intended) into the beach.

The reason I won't watch it is because at some point in production the developers fell off the "let's make a great F'n movie cart", and fell into a pile of two day old woke turds.

And just like The Predator, they don't have the sense that God gave geese and knew they were making a movie that no one would watch twice, yet plowed ahead. At least DC knew what they produced with Batgirl, and pull the plug on distribution.

So if I won't watch Prey twice, why watch it at all?

I watched Tombstone last night for about the 100th time. No gay relationships thrown in for "rEpReSEntaTion", or Doc Holiday cast as a angry lesbian. Just a great movie.

Geez I hate these times.

E

That’s weirdly a lot to say for someone who won’t see it lol

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I read it had the potential to be good, but they added some wokeness which detracts from the movie.

Since it's on Hulu I'll give it a watch this weekend.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread