Prices coming down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader

Established Member
This is a good thing. I have noticed a few E Bay auctions ending without reserve being met.

I have also been talking to and getting quotes from dealers with them on the show room floors. Best yet so far was 7k over MSRP.

I still refuse to pay over MSRP on a car, so in all honesty I might not ever get one. Even MSRP fwould be hard to swallow. ;)

I wonder, when the snow starts falling in Dec-feb how many dealers are going to let the car sit on the show room floor?

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Yeah,there are like 47 on ebay compared to 5or6 in june/july.With more being made' it won't be long for the price to be where it should be:thumbsup:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
Yeah,there are like 47 on ebay compared to 5or6 in june/july.With more being made' it won't be long for the price to be where it should be:thumbsup:
couldn't agree more.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
It appears that a majority of the bidders on Ebay are not going above 59K where a month or so ago, they had no problem getting into the mid 60's. I'm thinking March 07, we should see MSRP or close as long as production moves forward.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Trader said:
I wonder, when the snow starts falling in Dec-feb how many dealers are going to let the car sit on the show room floor?

Unfortunately, even if they sell the car for MSRP, the dealer will still make enough money to cover the floor plan interest he paid on letting it sit!! Being a business decision, the sales manager will let it sit for so long in hopes of someone coming in to pay the ADM. Remember, there's ~ $3000. over his invoice on the car built into the MSRP AND the 3.5% holdback fee he gets from Ford after the sale of the car. The 3.5% is on the MSRP price BTW. Now, how long can the dealer afford to sit on the car!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Unfortunately, even if they sell the car for MSRP, the dealer will still make enough money to cover the floor plan interest he paid on letting it sit!! Being a business decision, the sales manager will let it sit for so long in hopes of someone coming in to pay the ADM. Remember, there's ~ $3000. over his invoice on the car built into the MSRP AND the 3.5% holdback fee he gets from Ford after the sale of the car. The 3.5% is on the MSRP price BTW. Now, how long can the dealer afford to sit on the car!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:shrug: :(

whitecobra2387

Established Member
that is the greates new if heard so far today i have to met with the sales manager in a local ford dealer to see if he will sell me the shelby for msrp i hope i let you guys know

Dave07997S

Established Member
whitecobra2387 said:
that is the greates new if heard so far today i have to met with the sales manager in a local ford dealer to see if he will sell me the shelby for msrp i hope i let you guys know

Wow sorry man, that actually hurt to read that...

Dave

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
This should help the price drop if it's true! Third year of production, 2009.
Which is what I was told way back when. I guess we'll see!

Tim

Jpjr

Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:

i think your jumping the gun here. this is the GT 500 not 200 ford explorers. one car on the lot means absolutely nothing to the dealer, esp. since its surely sitting in the showroom.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Jpjr said:
i think your jumping the gun here. this is the GT 500 not 200 ford explorers. one car on the lot means absolutely nothing to the dealer, esp. since its surely sitting in the showroom.

one car with the aura and a legendary story like that of the original shelby can bring in huge money for any dealer. people come to see the car, that they have heard the stories about or just to drool and leave with another more affordable car more practicle car/truck. putting on the showroom only improves the odds as to the customers will get a chance to look at every new and used vehicle on the lot on thier walk to the showroom. it happens all the time and makes dealers big bucks.:read:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
one car with the aura and a legendary story like that of the original shelby can bring in huge money for any dealer. people come to see the car, that they have heard the stories about or just to drool and leave with another more affordable car more practicle car/truck. putting on the showroom only improves the odds as to the customers will get a chance to look at every new and used vehicle on the lot on thier walk to the showroom. it happens all the time and makes dealers big bucks.:read:

Absolute truth.
LR01Cobra.......3rd year info? I mean, I've heard the rumors, too. And I don't see why not (provided sales continue). Have you heard more- or should I say, more reliable info? :pepper: :rockon:

drmustang

Banned
Jpjr said:

The dealer I bought my Terminator from a coule years ago had it in the showroom and eleven more outside.

Requis

Established Member
sambandit said:
Should only be a couple months before sticker or less is common place.

Not to be the bearer of bad news....but how are you guys doing your math...Here in Canada the lists are some 30 and 40 people long...and go well beyond 2008. Dealers have been taking names for 2009 assuming there is a 2009 Shelby. If thats not enough people have deposits in on these rides that date back longer than I have had mine in. I'm suppose to get mine this month...its been set for Transport Since Friday...so likely next week, I guess we'll see. Which ultimately means I have been waiting on this car since...20 Months ago when I first caught wind of it. I have two friends who have had their deposits in for well over 20 months.

Anyways where I'm going with this is... if I could care less about Winter and getting my car in the next week or so...I am sure there are ten people around the corner thinking the same thing...I guess if they have 11 cars your in..but if not...well Its a slightly warmer christmas for me knowing my rides in the Garage...if you want one of these things figure it out.

Good Luck...and (Flame suit now on)

Cheers,

Requis

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Absolute truth.
LR01Cobra.......3rd year info? I mean, I've heard the rumors, too. And I don't see why not (provided sales continue). Have you heard more- or should I say, more reliable info? :pepper: :rockon:

This is what I was told back in 2004, now I've herd that since sales are so good a third year and maybe 1/2 of a 4th year is going to happen. But not from one of my reliable sources! If I find out more I'll post!

Tim

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Requis said:
Not to be the bearer of bad news....but how are you guys doing your math...Here in Canada the lists are some 30 and 40 people long...and go well beyond 2008. Dealers have been taking names for 2009 assuming there is a 2009 Shelby. If thats not enough people have deposits in on these rides that date back longer than I have had mine in. I'm suppose to get mine this month...its been set for Transport Since Friday...so likely next week, I guess we'll see. Which ultimately means I have been waiting on this car since...20 Months ago when I first caught wind of it. I have two friends who have had their deposits in for well over 20 months.

Anyways where I'm going with this is... if I could care less about Winter and getting my car in the next week or so...I am sure there are ten people around the corner thinking the same thing...I guess if they have 11 cars your in..but if not...well Its a slightly warmer christmas for me knowing my rides in the Garage...if you want one of these things figure it out.

Good Luck...and (Flame suit now on)

Cheers,

Requis

No flame here, just facts.

A) You're in Canada, tell your buddies to come down here and get one, they are littering E bay.

B) More are slated for the US than Canada. Guess this was covered in A.

C) Model change is a commin'. 350 to 400 ponies in the GT. Boss model not dead yet. More ponies in the Shelby, possibly a KR model.

bottom line. I wil heve my Shelby, but just like with my Termi, I will wait and pick up the exact car I want at the exact price I want to pay.

Capitalism is fabulous, you have the opportunity to get what you wanted when you wanted as well, albeit at an ENORMOUSLY INFLATED PRICE. No flame, just not my cup of tea.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Just my opinion, but I think being in the financial shape that Ford is, they are going to pound out as many of these things as they possibly can. And obviously the price will drop as Ford recieves nothing above what they sell it to the dealer for. Consequently the dealers will have no choice but to start realistically dealing these cars. There is definitely a ton of us out there waiting for the price to drop. Just hold the line it will happen:beer: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread