Prices coming down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
sawman70 said:
Dude you are acting like an idiot, the word possibilty isn't in my post. It clearly states money deposited, things being closed. Things no longer available.

once you order. once you place your deposit, you do not own the item. that is all i have said.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
Yeah, all the o8's are not reserved or ordered ,deposits are not given to all .

LR 01 Cobra said:
Chuck: From what I've been reading on the boards I go on, most of the 08's are already spoken for! Like ON D BIT said there is a long waiting list!

Tim:beer:

i dont see an "all" in this statement. but i am stupid and blind, so who knows?

chuckstang

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I love this thread, it just won't die! Who'd a thunk people would get sooooooooo fired up over nothing?

Tim

haha Exactly
Who cares if these cars are all spoken for, bought, whatever the F you wana call it.
I will just buy a vette for 45k with 450hp in 08 :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
haha Exactly
Who cares if these cars are all spoken for, bought, whatever the F you wana call it.
I will just buy a vette for 45k with 450hp in 08 :)

Chuck:

If you think you're going to pay sticker buying a new release vehicle that has high demand, you've got news coming. :lol:

That is unless you put a deposit down twelve months ago?! :read:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
If you sign a Legal Binding Purchase and Sales Agreement, you put down a NON-Refundable deposit, agree on a purchase price, and sign papers. You own the car when it comes in. If you choose not to take it, you give up your deposit. If there is not a second party to purchase the car, the dealer reserves the right to come after you for entering into a legal binding contract and not upholding your end of the contract.

Fyi, the dealer doesnt usually win, but they get to keep the deposit.

That is the Black letter law. I study it daily. Can we lock this thread now Bruce? The bickering is annoying.

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
ran across this in an article

Some will ask "why not 500 horsepower, like the new Z06?" or may quibble about the lack of an IRS. The SVT brain trust has addressed these issues from an engineering standpoint, but drives the message home at the bottom line. Unlike the 500 horse, IRS-suspended Viper, which costs $85K-plus (including destination and guz tax), and unlike the 500-horse, IRS-equipped Corvette Z06--likely to run anywhere from $60,000-$75,000--the Ford Shelby GT 500 will cost a lot less. Best guess? 40-45 grand. A pricier version--as an SVT Cobra--was under consideration, which would've had an IRS and an even more powerful engine. But the business case was rejected by management as too rich for a Mustang.

:dw:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
That was another bad choice by a mangement group at Ford who is by and large gone now. They sure missed the mark on what the next SVT might have been capable of, both in price/performance, and marketing. Makes for a serious what if huh? And that was the end of SVT as it was.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I can't believe this thread is still going and I also can't believe that I'm a contributing factor! ;-)

But, having said that, an IRS in the GT500 would add CONSIDERABLE weight (no even mentioning cost!) to the vehicle which it could not afford or support. IMHO it was a good decision to go with the SRA.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
That is the Black letter law. I study it daily. Can we lock this thread now Bruce? The bickering is annoying.

X1000. This thread needs to be taken out back, shot in the kneecaps...hit over the head with a shovel, then fed into a woodchipper.........feet first.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Closed

Ok Guys:

I'm taking this thread out back and shooting it with monkey shit, to hopefully put it out of it's (and everyone else's) misery!:fart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread