Prices coming down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckstang

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
This is what I was told back in 2004, now I've herd that since sales are so good a third year and maybe 1/2 of a 4th year is going to happen. But not from one of my reliable sources! If I find out more I'll post!

Tim

considering there has only been what 1 or 2k gt500s sold so far, don't you think its a bit early to say that it is selling so well ?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
chuckstang said:
considering there has only been what 1 or 2k gt500s sold so far, don't you think its a bit early to say that it is selling so well ?

you never cease to amaze me chuck. if it was not selling well it would be selling for below msrp. if it was not selling well, dealers would not have list of over 100 people waiting to purchase one.:bash: :poke: :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
As I said, MSRP be february. But for some reason not everyone wants to agree.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
chuckstang said:

Chuck: From what I've been reading on the boards I go on, most of the 08's are already spoken for! Like ON D BIT said there is a long waiting list!

Tim:beer:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Chuck: From what I've been reading on the boards I go on, most of the 08's are already spoken for! Like ON D BIT said there is a long waiting list!

Are you saying the 08 at about 8000 units have been sold already:eek: That doesn't make any sense.You dont actually believe that do you:shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
Are you saying the 08 at about 8000 units have been sold already:eek: That doesn't make any sense.You dont actually believe that do you:shrug:

no it means that dealers from around the nation have names on sheets of paper saying that they would like to purchase a gt500. i would guess the names on the waiting list right now would be close to 20,000 people waiting to purchase this car. this is very different from stating that these gt500 are already sold or even ordered with a specific name on the order.

i should also state, being high on the list does not garrantee you of being able to purchase the vehicle.
some dealers will want to auction off all their allocation, giving each person on their list a chance to bid on each vehicle it recieves.
some dealers will set a price on the car, lets say msrp + 20k when a new car comes in. they will then call the first on thier list and say this is the car we have this car will cost this much. #1 will say i dont like the color/options/price i will pass but keep me on the list, or i will purchase the car. if #1 passes on the car the dealership will call #2. and so on. yes there are more buyers than actual cars that will be produced at this point in the game. hence the 3rd year build.

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
no it means that dealers from around the nation have names on sheets of paper saying that they would like to purchase a gt500. i would guess the names on the waiting list right now would be close to 20,000 people waiting to purchase this car. this is very different from stating that these gt500 are already sold or even ordered with a specific name on the order.
Yeah so saying they are spoken for is very far fetched!!Some of those people may not even have the money to buy one. they just go to the dealer looking to see one & say "sure put me on the list'' or may not even want one by then.So i think it's a pretty silly thing to talk about wouldn't you say?

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:

This is BS.

I was offered one at a dealer in Cleveland, they have some left on their total. They would let me order it to my specs at 16% over MSRP.

Yes they are selling well, yes they are selling for good change but the bubble is preparing to pop.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Well I speculate that california will be the last place these suckers drop. And if they aren't selling north on the west coast, I would bet the northern dealers will swap them out with other inventory from guys down here. They're selling like hot cakes well over MSRP. I expect that if I get one I will have to get one out of state.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
BS that all the 08s are spoken for. I can count 10 07's that I KNOW OF are sitting on dealers floors. Do they want $10k+ over sticker for them? Ya. Thats why they're still there. So stupid, sell it for $5k over, get it off your floorplan and get another, and do the same. These dealers just don't think.

drmustang

Banned
All the 07's and 08's are taken, 20,000 people on the "list", what a bunch of nonsense. I guess this car is exciting enough to intoxicate people into irrational conceptions.

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
Rumor has it the ADM's are actually going up. Since all the 2008's are not spoken for, you have to pay several MILLION dollars over MSRP just to test drive one.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
All the 07's and 08's are taken, 20,000 people on the "list", what a bunch of nonsense. I guess this car is exciting enough to intoxicate people into irrational conceptions.
BS that all the 08s are spoken for. I can count 10 07's that I KNOW OF are sitting on dealers floors. Do they want $10k+ over sticker for them? Ya. Thats why they're still there. So stupid, sell it for $5k over, get it off your floorplan and get another, and do the same. These dealers just don't think.
This is BS.

I was offered one at a dealer in Cleveland, they have some left on their total. They would let me order it to my specs at 16% over MSRP.

Yes they are selling well, yes they are selling for good change but the bubble is preparing to pop.
Yeah so saying they are spoken for is very far fetched!!Some of those people may not even have the money to buy one. they just go to the dealer looking to see one & say "sure put me on the list'' or may not even want one by then.So i think it's a pretty silly thing to talk about wouldn't you say?

what did i say?????!!???!!!! spoken for? to have expressed interest to a dealership in writing that one would like to purchase a gt500. is your definition different?????????

do you deny that 20k people or more would not jump at the chance to purchase a gt500 at $41k or lower?

he said that most of the 07's and 08's are spoken for. and if you add up the lists of people waiting for the opportunity to purchase a gt500 at dealers nation wide he is correct!:bash: if your name is on a list you have spoken for a gt500, regardless if you and the dealer actually come to terms.

yea and my local dealer will let me order a new mustang gt on x-plan pricing or at invoice my choice. :D why do they want so much over suggested retail price to order a gt500 is because they are already spoken for. this means those who will pay extra and those first on their list will get the first opportunity to purchase one. can be confused with survival of the fittest!:poke:

your right that is all they are saying. put me on the list and i will purchase one if the price is right. that price may be invoice for some. it may be msrp for others. it may be $65k otd for others. regardless they have expressed interest in purchasing a gt500.

nowhere did i say that one would not be able to purchase one. nowhere did i say they will sell out within a alloted time frame. nowhere did i say they would all sell for msrp or above. nowhere did i say that those not a list today can not purchase an 07 or 08. nowhere did i say that everyone on a list today will purchase one or still want one when given the opportunity to purchase. nowhere did i say that most of the gt500 are already sold.

i dont see what the big deal is. if you want one you will have the opportunity to purchase one regardless if you are on a list today or not. there will be plenty of 07 and 08 gt500 to go around. just realize that the number of people wanting a gt500 will far outweigh the number of gt500's produced.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
he said that most of the 07's and 08's are spoken for.

More BS:bs:

Spoken for means crap. Dealers spew this sh*t daily to try and scare the stupid.

Money talks and BS walks.

They are NOT SOLD so this is an assanine and moot point.

The price is coming down, don't take it personal.

And lists are stupid as well, the car shows up on the lot and FIRST ONE THERE WITH CASH TAKES IT HOME, PERIOD.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what did i say?????!!???!!!! spoken for? to have expressed interest to a dealership in writing that one would like to purchase a gt500. is your definition different?????????

do you deny that 20k people or more would not jump at the chance to purchase a gt500 at $41k or lower?

he said that most of the 07's and 08's are spoken for. and if you add up the lists of people waiting for the opportunity to purchase a gt500 at dealers nation wide he is correct!:bash: if your name is on a list you have spoken for a gt500, regardless if you and the dealer actually come to terms.

yea and my local dealer will let me order a new mustang gt on x-plan pricing or at invoice my choice. :D why do they want so much over suggested retail price to order a gt500 is because they are already spoken for. this means those who will pay extra and those first on their list will get the first opportunity to purchase one. can be confused with survival of the fittest!:poke:

your right that is all they are saying. put me on the list and i will purchase one if the price is right. that price may be invoice for some. it may be msrp for others. it may be $65k otd for others. regardless they have expressed interest in purchasing a gt500.

nowhere did i say that one would not be able to purchase one. nowhere did i say they will sell out within a alloted time frame. nowhere did i say they would all sell for msrp or above. nowhere did i say that those not a list today can not purchase an 07 or 08. nowhere did i say that everyone on a list today will purchase one or still want one when given the opportunity to purchase. nowhere did i say that most of the gt500 are already sold.

i dont see what the big deal is. if you want one you will have the opportunity to purchase one regardless if you are on a list today or not. there will be plenty of 07 and 08 gt500 to go around. just realize that the number of people wanting a gt500 will far outweigh the number of gt500's produced.
so what's the point:shrug: Again silly thing to talk about.Many people want them right now..duhh

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
sawman70 said:
They are NOT SOLD so this is an assanine and moot point.

The price is coming down, don't take it personal.

And lists are stupid as well, the car shows up on the lot and FIRST ONE THERE WITH CASH TAKES IT HOME, PERIOD.

i said they are not all sold. i said that if one wants one you have the opportunity to purchase one.

i have been stating that all along. prices are coming down. prices will come down. you will be able to purchase one below msrp before too long. i say all of this and yet you call bs on me. now that makes a lot of sense!:bash:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
so what's the point:shrug: Again silly thing to talk about.Many people want them right now..duhh

the point being everyone has taken statements that tim and i have made out of context.

we never said they are all sold.
we never said you can not purchase one.
we never said the price would always be high(msrp or higher).

all we said in different statements is that "many people want to purchase the gt500." and everyone calls bs.

Last edited:
spoke to my salesman friday,my shelby gt500,will be delevered monday,10/23/06.my buddy and I will pick it up Tuesday,and trailer it back to my home in Louisiana. Then Saleen Mustang is comming to pick it up,for a experimental project,at no cost to me. Saleen will change out the blower,with a saleen Twin-screw,and also do there supension set up ect. I spoke too them friday and there arranging there carrier to come too Louisiana and pick it up. Saleen Mustang will keep it 3/4,months or so. They stated they want my Shelby GT500 in there manfacturing ficiality so there enginers can look at it and study it before they decide how they will set it up. Saleen Mustang will try different set-ups until they decide on the actual product. It's a dream come true too me ,that Mr. Steve Saleen authorized this for my Shelby Gt500,and decided not too make me pay them. My wife and I lost our home this past year due too Huricane Rita,and we had too sell my 04-F250,cash in my disiablity policy,and last of all had to sell my 2003-S281Cobra#97. it was one of six produced by saleen mustang. Some how they found out and wanted too do this for me. I'm still trembling that they would even consider to do this now not charge me for this project. I'll keep you posted.Saleen stated they were targeting too get it up too 650-HP,and will be one of one Shelby Gt500,model 2007.They will #,it through there speed-Lab-Team from what I was told,not through there regular line. So I'll keep you posted ,and when I receive it back,after saleen mustang is through with it,I'll post pictures of it. I still have too pinch my-self about this .Believe me it's a dream come true too me,because I did not really want too part with my 03/S281Cobra#97. It's found a home in orlando,Florida. I know the new owner is a proud person .because this is a special S281Cobra,and is 1.of,6,only produced in 2003,by Saleen Mustang,in the coupe body style. Well latter,and I'll keep everyone updated as I receive it from Saleen =Mustang.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
spoke to my salesman friday,my shelby gt500,will be delevered monday,10/23/06.my buddy and I will pick it up Tuesday,and trailer it back to my home in Louisiana. Then Saleen Mustang is comming to pick it up,for a experimental project,at no cost to me. Saleen will change out the blower,with a saleen Twin-screw,and also do there supension set up ect. I spoke too them friday and there arranging there carrier to come too Louisiana and pick it up. Saleen Mustang will keep it 3/4,months or so. They stated they want my Shelby GT500 in there manfacturing ficiality so there enginers can look at it and study it before they decide how they will set it up. Saleen Mustang will try different set-ups until they decide on the actual product. It's a dream come true too me ,that Mr. Steve Saleen authorized this for my Shelby Gt500,and decided not too make me pay them. My wife and I lost our home this past year due too Huricane Rita,and we had too sell my 04-F250,cash in my disiablity policy,and last of all had to sell my 2003-S281Cobra#97. it was one of six produced by saleen mustang. Some how they found out and wanted too do this for me. I'm still trembling that they would even consider to do this now not charge me for this project. I'll keep you posted.Saleen stated they were targeting too get it up too 650-HP,and will be one of one Shelby Gt500,model 2007.They will #,it through there speed-Lab-Team from what I was told,not through there regular line. So I'll keep you posted ,and when I receive it back,after saleen mustang is through with it,I'll post pictures of it. I still have too pinch my-self about this .Believe me it's a dream come true too me,because I did not really want too part with my 03/S281Cobra#97. It's found a home in orlando,Florida. I know the new owner is a proud person .because this is a special S281Cobra,and is 1.of,6,only produced in 2003,by Saleen Mustang,in the coupe body style. Well latter,and I'll keep everyone updated as I receive it from Saleen =Mustang.

thats a cool deal for a saleen fan like yourself, congrats!!!!!!!!!:beer: :pepper:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Mike.....I think you should have said, " Many people want to purchase the Shelby GT-500 for $35,000.00 " That statement would be believable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread