Problem with Billetflow TB

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
When I stop at a red light or coast on the highway the car settles at 2,000 rpm. Plus it's now throwing a code that says something about can't control TPS. So got a spring and attached it to the TB and third injector, but it didn't help too much. If I tap the gas hard enough to reach 3000rpm it will then come back down to 1500 then settle and 900 where it should be. Is it possible that I need to readjust the TPS on the TB or is the sensor bad?

Thanks
Chris

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Do the compuer reset, 30 minutes battery disconnect, tap brakes, turn lights on during. then do at least 10 drive cycles, (car driven til warm, car off=1 cycle)

I just went through this, frustrating but dang is the throttle response and chunk of power worth it.

facaa50f.jpg

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
When I stop at a red light or coast on the highway the car settles at 2,000 rpm. Plus it's now throwing a code that says something about can't control TPS. So got a spring and attached it to the TB and third injector, but it didn't help too much. If I tap the gas hard enough to reach 3000rpm it will then come back down to 1500 then settle and 900 where it should be. Is it possible that I need to readjust the TPS on the TB or is the sensor bad?

Thanks
Chris
It should be about 750rpm. You should check your TPS voltage and set it if it's off. Shoot for .98-.99VDC. Then reset your computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes. Give it a few drive cycles for your idle to be right. DO NOT go crazy with the throttle stop screw. Don't even mess with it for now.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Re: Re: Problem with Billetflow TB

Originally posted by 03DOHC
It should be about 750rpm. You should check your TPS voltage and set it if it's off. Shoot for .98-.99VDC. Then reset your computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes. Give it a few drive cycles for your idle to be right. DO NOT go crazy with the throttle stop screw. Don't even mess with it for now.

says to connect the negative terminal to the red wire. I don't see any red wires comming out of the TPS. :bash: :??:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Very cool TB dave. Here's mine.

I heard about that one while I was visiting the shop. Looks sweet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread