problem with need for speed

04asp

Established Member
That is so not cool. If he has been making you these promises over all these months for your product that you bought and paid for yet you have not received anything there is a very serious problem. What is his excuse? What exactly has he been saying to you ?

fjules

Established Member
I had subframes installed by Tony a few years ago. He is a good guy and he did a real nice job. Not sure of your situation but I would call him and get an answer to why the long delay. I don't think he will rip you off. good luck!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Are they building this motor for you? There's some very reputable engine builders who take forever to deliver.......And then there's others that it only seems to take a couple of weeks.

oldmodman

Established Member
Bought a Whipple from him on a GP a few years ago, no problems. And everyone else got their's too. Is he having some kind of problem getting parts from his suppliers?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Damn that sucks! Good luck is all I have to say. DSS "Racing Engines" got me in like 1992 for about $5,000! I never got a penny out of them either. On a side note I found 5 other people with crap engines and I guess the word of mouth spread. He ended up saying that I cost him plenty of money and believe me he was sincere about it because he was talking like someone had just killed his dog:cryying: . After everything I went through that was enough for me and I loved it:lol: !

Yellow cobra

Established Member
04asp said:
That is so not cool. If he has been making you these promises over all these months for your product that you bought and paid for yet you have not received anything there is a very serious problem. What is his excuse? What exactly has he been saying to you ?

It was wire tarnsfare.
This is what he wrote to me;
The machine shop finished the shortblock. We picked it and and when we got back to the shop, we noticed something wasn't right. We were shipped the wrong cc pictons. If we ship you this shortblock, you will have a compression ratio of 10.0:1. The pistons were in a sealed box, and when they arrived, we did not check to make sure they were the correct cc's. I greatly apoligize for this delay, again. I have ordered another set of pistons which I hope to have here by Monday. As soon as they come in, I will get them to the machine shop for them to change out. I am very sorry.
on oct 3rd 2007

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
Well at least hes comunicating. With our drag racing stuff, i know engine builders that do this kind of thing. You'll get your motor. I just wouldn't go back to him or send anyone to him again.

Jfoster

Established Member
A friend of mine had some issues over there. I'm local - Trust me on this, you NEED to put your foot down and call him. Tell him that you've waiting long enough and that you need your money back.

FYI, they are not a machine shop of any kind. They will have someone else machine everything and then just assemble it. You could do that locally.

Jfoster

Established Member
To put it in perspective.. Around August 10th, in my spare time, after work I dropped my bare block and some parts off at a local machine shop. In my spare time, the engine is assembled and in the car, along with some powdercoated parts, a new coilover suspension and a whipple. A full-time business should be able to put something together quicker than my slow ass.

Users who are viewing this thread