Procharger Big Red Race Valve

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Same here....if anything....its too loud for me.

From my minimal research the stock valve is good to 10-12psi(leaking). I'm at 7 and have no want to go bigger

Sorry not to hijack, but I am seeing about 13 psi at redline with the stock BOV that comes with the stage 2 kit, should I be concerned?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Well before I switched to the boss manifold I was seeing 10 or so psi shifting at 7k rpm. Last time I was tuned they changed the WOT shift points to around 7600 rpm, hence why I am making more boost. Just a FYI running a 4.5 pulley with a D1SC

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Anyways once the weather is nice I'm probably gonna get my tune revised so it shifts around 72-7300 rpm just so I'm not leaning on the stock motor too hard. I have OPG and crank sprocket but the pistons in the 11-14 suck compared to 15+ so I need to play it safe until i get a built short block.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Boss intake shines over 6500 rpms, if you only rev it to 7200 its basically there for show as you aren't getting any gains. Typically you loose hp/tq under 5500 rpms with them.

Regarding boost a centrifugal blower will rise in boost pressure with rpms so going to 12-13 psi at 7500 is not uncommon as the boost pressure they are rated at is typically set for where the stock shift points are set to or wherever you wanted the peak boost to be at. Basically I told procharger I want 10psi @ 7000 rpms which is what I get with the 4.5 pulley.

Additionally I don't think its the pistons you should be concerned with. Rather the rods in the gen 1 coyote.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Boss intake shines over 6500 rpms, if you only rev it to 7200 its basically there for show as you aren't getting any gains. Typically you loose hp/tq under 5500 rpms with them.

Regarding boost a centrifugal blower will rise in boost pressure with rpms so going to 12-13 psi at 7500 is not uncommon as the boost pressure they are rated at is typically set for where the stock shift points are set to or wherever you wanted the peak boost to be at. Basically I told procharger I want 10psi @ 7000 rpms which is what I get with the 4.5 pulley.

Additionally I don't think its the pistons you should be concerned with. Rather the rods in the gen 1 coyote.
Yea i meant to say connecting rods instead of pistons. I know shifting at a lower rpm would defeat the purpose of having the boss IM, but last time i was tuned i made 740 rwhp and i doubt the stock block would be able to take that much power for very long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yea i meant to say connecting rods instead of pistons. I know shifting at a lower rpm would defeat the purpose of having the boss IM, but last time i was tuned i made 740 rwhp and i doubt the stock block would be able to take that much power for very long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't think the stock bottom end was ever meant to handle 900+ crank for any long period of time :)

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Dynojet and chevron 94. Not a whole lot of other CJ/procharger setups to compare to that i can find. There one on youtube with ported heads/cams on 8psi making 720.

basspro302

Established Member
What size pulley on the p1x? I have a 4.25” pulley on my p1 thinking about upgrading to the p1x. Nice numbers btw

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What size pulley on the p1x? I have a 4.25” pulley on my p1 thinking about upgrading to the p1x. Nice numbers btw

You'll likely only see a gain of 10hp/10tq upgrading at the same boost level, if you plan on upping the boost thats the only reason I personally would upgrade. Or at initial purchase when its like $400 more to go from p1sc to d1x.

basspro302

Established Member
I want to see a head to head comparisons i think the coyote will pick up more than 10hp based on the cfm. I would do the test if i can find a buyer for my p1.

TBolton

Established Member
The only reason I went with the p1x on my car from the get-go is because I was told it was less parasitic loss and more efficient.

I'll never ever get close to maxing out that blower on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread