Procharger Big Red Race Valve

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Installed my procharger stg 2 kit and was a little disappointed at how quiet the stock pro flow bypass is. Going to be ordering a big red race valve and was just wondering if it will be a bolt on to my existing piping right before the intercooler or will I have to cut off the stock bypass hole and weld a new one on if it's bigger.

Car is a 2014 with a stg 2 procharger intercooler.

Thanks

bunits19714

Established Member
order the new tube pc from procharger and the valve. prices are pretty closer to others, that is what I did but I upgraded to a new balancer/crank pulley and blower pulley, and belt at the same time. one stop shopping.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
The stock BOV is loud enough for me but to each their own...

Is there any performance benefit with going with the race BOV vs the stock one?

TBolton

Established Member
The stock BOV is loud enough for me but to each their own...

Is there any performance benefit with going with the race BOV vs the stock one?

Same here....if anything....its too loud for me.

From my minimal research the stock valve is good to 10-12psi(leaking). I'm at 7 and have no want to go bigger

TBolton

Established Member
pic/pn? I was under the assumption you'd need to have the RRV welded into 11-14 applications.
You're right. The only ready upgrade would be the Bullet valve.

Jus looking at prices....thats a chunka change for sound/no perf gain.

85bd25c769b58b2fde9d33d39951a3b6.jpg

bunits19714

Established Member
I ordered mine direct from PC. they actually have pretty good customer service- if you bought new they will have a file already started with your set up . I have the big red open.

even came blk to match the rest of my tubing.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I ordered mine direct from PC. they actually have pretty good customer service- if you bought new they will have a file already started with your set up . I have the big red open.

even came blk to match the rest of my tubing.

sounds like you got the bullet pro flow, not the red race. Hence the name red race, they are red. Bullet pro flow is a 1.5 in vs 2in inlet for the red race.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
why do u need a noisy BOV? u sound like a ricer. who gives a shit how loud ur BOV is if anything u want it as quiet as possible so ppl don't know u have a blower under the hood. BOV doesn't do shit anyway.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not only do the smaller BOVs start leaking at ~10+psi but they also do not vent the air quick enough at those boost levels. This causes air to “stack up” in the blower because it has nowhere to go when the TB slams shut and is responsible for ruining the oil seals. That’s how you end up with a leaky blower

bunits19714

Established Member
The valve is RED the alum. tube is Black that they sell you with the proper FLANGE size. Along with the heavier new vac. lines/ install kit (extra) I have the big red open and BOUGHT the proper tube from PROCHARGER along with bov valve.

bunits19714

Established Member
Not only do the smaller BOVs start leaking at ~10+psi but they also do not vent the air quick enough at those boost levels. This causes air to “stack up” in the blower because it has nowhere to go when the TB slams shut and is responsible for ruining the oil seals. That’s how you end up with a leaky blower

BINGO.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The valve is RED the alum. tube is Black that they sell you with the proper FLANGE size. Along with the heavier new vac. lines/ install kit (extra) I have the big red open and BOUGHT the proper tube from PROCHARGER along with bov valve.

So you are still using the 1.5" connection? Wonder how much, if any, bottleneck that ends up being.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ok I guess I'm not understanding how it works. the pro flow is a 1.5" and the tube is a 1.5in. Either way though I have other plans when it comes to the BOV.

Users who are viewing this thread