Procharger Big Red Race Valve

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah mak perf was making 860 wheel with the p1x last I checked on an s550 through the A10 auto. Most will never need that much hp, nor have the built engine/trans to support it long term.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You can go with a Turbosmart raceport 50mm valve. Louder than pro-flo but not as bad a red race valve. Thats what I did.

DarkMach1

Established Member
In my personal experience the car picked up 3psi, a good bit of air flow, 1/2 tenth (with car shifting much lower) and 3mph at the track by removing the proflo for the Turbosmart.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Unsure, probably a bit less than the race red valve.

I cant see where my combo would ever be over 21-22psi so maybe that would be a better way to frame the question lol. It looks like a single big red is good to around 30psi

DarkMach1

Established Member
I cant see where my combo would ever be over 21-22psi so maybe that would be a better way to frame the question lol. It looks like a single big red is good to around 30psi

Is more compact so it fits better wherever you choose to put it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I did look up the tial Q valve (got sidetracked) and its supposed to be good for 1800hp so I'd imagine Id be fine with any 50mm valve.

Although in my quick search I stumbled upon something I hadnt before where they talked about adjusting the BRRV (which you arent really supposed to mess with them I guess but anywho...) - if it sounds like a street sweeper and you tighten the adjuster you'll get a high pitched squeal. If you have the squeal you can back it off a bit and you'll get the street sweeper/rattle snake sound. Im definitely going to back mine off some, that squeal makes me wanna swerve into oncoming traffic. The downside to loosening it is may open under boost, I tend to think I'll be fine @ 15lbs.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
good thing about automatic trans is that it always shifts before it sounds like a street sweeper :)

BTW my experience upgrading from pro flow to a 2.0" aftermarket positive seal BOV didn't amount to anything significant virtually 0psi gain and no driveability issues nor improvement.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
good thing about automatic trans is that it always shifts before it sounds like a street sweeper :)

BTW my experience upgrading from pro flow to a 2.0" aftermarket positive seal BOV didn't amount to anything significant virtually 0psi gain and no driveability issues nor improvement.

my BRRV makes the most god awful high pitched howling sound from ~1800-2400 rpm so it makes that sound on a regular basis just cruising around. Ive got a hose pointing it into the driver side wheel well and I know my neighbors and anyone in the lane to my left must hate my guts lol.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lol, I've got a turbosmart supercharger one, its a 2" vs the 1.5" pro flow. I think the BRRV is a 2" as well. 2-4k rpms its at its loudest but you'll only hear that when in manual mode in my car as my shift points are set to stock when in drive.

Users who are viewing this thread