ProCharger has supercharger for the 2011 3.7 V6 coming!

BLK93GT

Established Member
They are advertising 475hp (flywheel), this should make the little 3.7 Mustang fly!! I can't wait to see the results!!
ProCharger Supercharger Blog » COMING SOON: ProCharger System & Tuner Kit for 2011 V6 Mustang
2011_V6_ProCharged.jpg

Powered by an all-new 3.7L Ti-VCT V-6 engine, the 2011 Mustang’s base engine has been winning an enthusiastic following based on it’s outstanding combination of power and fuel economy. But with 8 psi of intercooled boost from the ProCharger P-1SC-1 supercharger, the high-tech V-6 responds with an impressive 475 HP!

kingnut

Established Member
ive never understood people wanting to boost a fuel economy alternative (3.7) instead of just buying the real deal (5.0)

chrisheltra

Established Member
ive never understood people wanting to boost a fuel economy alternative (3.7) instead of just buying the real deal (5.0)

More power than the GT and Boss and also lighter due to the power plant. The only factory Mustang that can outperform it would be the GT500. Why wouldnt you want V6 economy with V8 power?

BLK93GT

Established Member
I agree with this ^^

The 2011 V6 Mustang is NOTHING like the "base" Mustangs of before, it out performs all the previous model GT Mustangs and probably is faster than all the Cobras other than the 03/04 and 95/00 Cobra R models.

This car will kill alot of cars costing twice as much if not more with the added power of the supercharger. Hell, it beat the new STI, RX8, and Genesis on a road course bouncing off the 114 mph speed limiter.

kevinp

Established Member
Right now you could probably pay around 21K for a base V6/performance package + 5K for a procharger and a 20 year old could have a new 11 second capable car without paying 1000.00 a month in car insurance for a GT.

Sounds like fun to me..

wjk

Established Member
Thats awesome, I'm glad they are starting to make stuff for the 3.7. I bet its still going to get pretty good mileage, even with this setup.

JAA55

Established Member
I think ford needs to build a special edition 3.5 ecoboost

this supercharger is cool!

kingnut

Established Member
I agree with this ^^

The 2011 V6 Mustang is NOTHING like the "base" Mustangs of before, it out performs all the previous model GT Mustangs and probably is faster than all the Cobras other than the 03/04 and 95/00 Cobra R models.

this statement is bullshit. 2010 GT is faster in the 1/4 than a 2011 V6.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member

This is true. Very close in performance but the 4.6 GT from 2010 is faster than most stock V6. Well faster than the 2011 V6s with 2.73 gears for sure. I own a 2011 V6 and I know the GT is faster.

With the previous V6s I would not bother to add turbos or superchargers of any such mods. In most cases you had to pay a lot more to get to the performance level on the GT. Even if you could make the V6 more powerful than a stock GTyou also had to mod brakes, shocks, rear end to an 8.8, wheels and tires to match the overall performance of the GT. It could be done but for more work and more money.

These days you get a better starting platform for the V6. Now the V8 will always have the upper hand but it is nice to see a modded V6 get out and fight it's own battles with other six cylinders like the Nissan 370 and the turbocharged BMW 335i.

The V6 mustang with the "Performance Package" actually handle better than the 5.0 GT with the "Brembo Package" now that is amazing.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The set up looks better than the 5.0 version. The new generation v6 is a real contender. Look at my sig, I'm worried. Going to need a built engine to handle more boost to stay infront.

Mountain306

Established Member

Maybe some people like the idea of an under-dog? Maybe some people don't want to do what the main stream does? Maybe some people like the challenge?

So, what's it to you? It's still a Mustang.

It's still raceing. It's still the same theories, skill and knowledge.

If you don't understand it; don't like it - just let it be. No harm to you man.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
For people who enjoy doing track events this car is already a game changer.

Add 3.73 gears, True Trac dif, Flash tune w/ speed limiter moved up, 18" light weight wheels and tires, GT500 front brakes, and suspension parts that are cheap plentiful and bolt on the same as any of the V8 versions and you have an open track BUDGET MONSTER!

If you start with a used 6 speed manual base 2011 V6 there will be a lot of money left for go fast parts.

It's light and it goes, what's not to love?

This an extremely attractive option, even before adding a ProCharger!
This car ROCKED at VIR even though it spent 15 seconds PER LAP bouncing off the speed limiter and still turned 3:12.5!!!
That's only 2 seconds a lap slower than an EVO SE!!!

How much faster would it be with lighter 18" wheels and no speed limiter???

I am seriously thinking about this one.

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member

OUTPERFORMS, no where did I say the 2011 V6 was faster in the 1/4 mile. It DOES outperform any previous GT. Go look at any other spec on the car other than 1/4 mile. Braking, slalom, skidpad, and road course lap time around VIR. It beat the 2010 GT even bouncing off the rev limiter for 15 sec. each lap.

Users who are viewing this thread