ProCharger has supercharger for the 2011 3.7 V6 coming!

BLK93GT

Established Member
This is true. Very close in performance but the 4.6 GT from 2010 is faster than most stock V6. Well faster than the 2011 V6s with 2.73 gears for sure. I own a 2011 V6 and I know the GT is faster.

With the previous V6s I would not bother to add turbos or superchargers of any such mods. In most cases you had to pay a lot more to get to the performance level on the GT. Even if you could make the V6 more powerful than a stock GTyou also had to mod brakes, shocks, rear end to an 8.8, wheels and tires to match the overall performance of the GT. It could be done but for more work and more money.

These days you get a better starting platform for the V6. Now the V8 will always have the upper hand but it is nice to see a modded V6 get out and fight it's own battles with other six cylinders like the Nissan 370 and the turbocharged BMW 335i.

The V6 mustang with the "Performance Package" actually handle better than the 5.0 GT with the "Brembo Package" now that is amazing.

Yes, the 2010 GT is a few tenths quicker and a few mph faster 1/4 mile.

a_guerrajr

Established Member
give me money fellas and we can have a lab rat to test against the 5.0 :)

in all serious ness. 3.7 is a different level. much more potential

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
For people who enjoy doing track events this car is already a game changer.

Add 3.73 gears, True Trac dif, Flash tune w/ speed limiter moved up, 18" light weight wheels and tires, GT500 front brakes, and suspension parts that are cheap plentiful and bolt on the same as any of the V8 versions and you have an open track BUDGET MONSTER!

If you start with a used 6 speed manual base 2011 V6 there will be a lot of money left for go fast parts.

It's light and it goes, what's not to love?

This an extremely attractive option, even before adding a ProCharger!
This car ROCKED at VIR even though it spent 15 seconds PER LAP bouncing of the speed limiter and still turned 3:12.5!!!
That's only 2 seconds a lap slower than an EVO SE!!!

How much faster would it be with lighter 18" wheels and no speed limiter???

I am seriously thinking about this one.

+1 you said it all right there :beer:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
EXACTLY My feelings as well! Bolt in a cage, and the rest of the safety parts and go race! Brake it, fix it and go again!

Granted a 5.0 would be a great track car, but more $$$$.

Mike

For people who enjoy doing track events this car is already a game changer.

Add 3.73 gears, True Trac dif, Flash tune w/ speed limiter moved up, 18" light weight wheels and tires, GT500 front brakes, and suspension parts that are cheap plentiful and bolt on the same as any of the V8 versions and you have an open track BUDGET MONSTER!

If you start with a used 6 speed manual base 2011 V6 there will be a lot of money left for go fast parts.

It's light and it goes, what's not to love?

This an extremely attractive option, even before adding a ProCharger!
This car ROCKED at VIR even though it spent 15 seconds PER LAP bouncing of the speed limiter and still turned 3:12.5!!!
That's only 2 seconds a lap slower than an EVO SE!!!

How much faster would it be with lighter 18" wheels and no speed limiter???

I am seriously thinking about this one.

Users who are viewing this thread