Procharger Leaking

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
My p1 is leaking. How much oil is too much? And how many of you have dealt or are dealing with this problem?

My plan is to upgrade to a D1 in spring or summer, will that be too long to wait if i keep a check on the oil level?

I would post pictures but im on my phone and dont have tapatalk. I could text it to someone if they wanna go that far to help.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Is it leaking out the front right behind the pulley?

I had a problem with mine leaking on that front seal on several occasions on my 5.0. Just replaced it myself after learning how to do it.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Is it leaking out the front right behind the pulley?

I had a problem with mine leaking on that front seal on several occasions on my 5.0. Just replaced it myself after learning how to do it.

Its actually leaking from the back of the case, between the volute and the gear compartment (i guess thats what it is). It will make one small bubble of oil on the flat underside of the gear case and then every now and then make its way down the outlet of the headunit.

pslinux

Established Member
Mine is leaking too. It comes out the impeller side and makes its way into and outside the intake. Looking at replacing both seals myself. Anyone know how difficult it is to do this. I have access to a puller and a press if they're needed.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Ahhh..

Its actually leaking from the back of the case, between the volute and the gear compartment (i guess thats what it is). It will make one small bubble of oil on the flat underside of the gear case and then every now and then make its way down the outlet of the headunit.

I don't know how difficult it is to repair that one. The front seal was a breeze to replace long as you have a pulley puller.

Did you contact ATI for any advice or if you know a local shop in your area you trust they can probably replace the seals.

Users who are viewing this thread