Procharger & Other Mods installed on my '11 GT

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Looks great man! Love the prochargers for these cars

I think the Procharger kits look awesome!!

looks very clean! now get to the dyno and post the results:rockon:

Hope to have dyno results very soon!!

Do you have a pic from head on to see how the intercooler looks?

I will try to take one tomorrow and post it up for you.

Car looks fantastic man...nice choice of mods..

Chris - Why did you take your blower off so soon...upgrading??

-Brian

Chris told me that he was going back to a NA setup more for the road course.

Congrats on a clean install!

Looks good. Nothing like power on demand.

I agree, more power is always good!!

very nice congrats

Thanks Robbie :beer:

Nice. Cgoeschel is my bud.

Thanks Justin :beer:

I thought so!!

Very nice. Crazy you got a used kit
already.

I happend to be at the right place at the right time. :banana:

Barely used as well. Cgoeschel probably had less than 500 miles on that kit.

Yes, the kit had very low miles and Chris was awesome to deal with!!! :rockon:

Dang thats HOT !

Thanks Mike :beer:

Last edited:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
yes stage 1 cooler has very high IAT's ask chris at BBR found out the hard way. The car will just pull tons of timing. nice kit but look at a bigger cooler or meth kit to keep temps in check.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
yes stage 1 cooler has very high IAT's ask chris at BBR found out the hard way. The car will just pull tons of timing. nice kit but look at a bigger cooler or meth kit to keep temps in check.

What happened with BBR's car?

I will have to see how the kit does as I have it now. I don't want to have to go changing things around right off the bat.

Knowing him, "NA more for the road course" means that he probably bought a Boss!

He said that his dealership is going to offer a 'road racing package' and he is going to put those on his car to 'showcase' them. I'm sure there will be some Boss specific parts on it.

Very nice :bowdown:

Sent with Riddla's massive johnson

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Do you have a pic from head on to see how the intercooler looks?

I hope this helps.

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

acrbill

Established Member
How is a larger intercooler going to help if you still have that tiny area of incoming air to deal with?

Money better spent would probably be on a Saleen front bumper so you can get more air across the core.

This is how my srt-4 sat.

srt4.jpg

I probably would have benefited from water injection on top of it.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Thanks for posting the pics! So the stage 1 intercooler can't even be seen in the lower bumper opening? Is the intercooler behind the bumber then?

The bottom part of the intercooler sits right about even with the top of the lower bumper opening.

The tubing could be seen through the opening (it is silver) so I wrapped it with black duct tape so that it wouldn't show.

There is one hose clamp that is visible through the lower cooling duct on the driver's side. I'm going to try and spray paint it black.

The intercooler attaches to the same bolts that hold the hood latch on. You can see the top part of the intercooler through the top grille opening.

I'm hoping that my CDC front chin spoiler will help direct more air onto the intercooler than the stock lower fascia.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Thanks, that's what I though I was seeing, just wanted to make sure. I guess I was under the impression that the intercooler would be seen though the lower opening(like on basically every other FI car)...

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Thanks, that's what I though I was seeing, just wanted to make sure. I guess I was under the impression that the intercooler would be seen though the lower opening(like on basically every other FI car)...

No problem :beer:

I guess with the stage 2 kit you have to trim up the front facia where the intercooler mounts

Probably so! We had to do some trimming on the back side of the CDC chin spoiler and also the black plastic piece on the underside of the car that helps seal the air from getting in the engine compartment.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
the opening is fine the core is getting no airflow cause its behind the bumper. the stage 2 has the core all the way to the bottom of the opening.

chris's IAT's got to 180* yikes

Users who are viewing this thread