Project 66 F100 for my father

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Working on my fathers 66 F100 he's owned since about 1971.
Wanted something that could be driven on trips/cruise ins,etc without much worry and more comfort.

Truck was originally a 352 BBF with a 3 on the tree.
Now sporting an EFI 351 with aluminum heads,cam,intake and a Novi 1220SL blower backed by a Tremec TKO 5spd and 31 spline Explorer 8.8 with 3.73s using a ladder bar/coilover setup. Crown Vic front suspension.
Still have the wiring to do and many small items but it's coming along.
f100c.jpeg
f100b.jpeg
f100a.jpeg
f100.jpeg
f100d.jpg
f100e.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Very nice .
Not much for the skinny front runners , but that is me .
I love 65-66 trucks , have had a couple.

Black_Chrome

Established Member
Clean looking truck! I always have a soft spot for mid 60's F100s.
What kind of steering setup does it have to go along with the vic front end? Any shots of the interior?

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Nice Looking truck! I have a 1/2 dozen or so 1966 Trucks. Each build a bit different from ea other.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking truck and I'm sure your dad will love driving it. I, too, am not a fan of the front wheel/tire setup. In part because it's not as safe a setup for your dad as a decently wide front tire would be. I get the skinnies/wide rear look muscular, but for safety sake consider a wider front setup. JMO. I love your engine choice and the detailing done. I'll be that truck will be in the family for some time to come. ;)

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Very nice .
Not much for the skinny front runners , but that is me .
I love 65-66 trucks , have had a couple.
Thanks! Wheel setup is apt to change over time. Just what we had to start out with.

Clean looking truck! I always have a soft spot for mid 60's F100s.
What kind of steering setup does it have to go along with the vic front end? Any shots of the interior?

Thanks! It has the stock crown vic rack using a 94-95 Mustang GT ps pump,custom shaft to hook to the Crown Vic rack joint. Will be changing out the large stock truck steering wheel for a smaller wheel from a 60'a era Ford car to to keep it stockish looking. Not many pics of the inside since it hasn't been worked on much as of yet.
f100inside.jpg

Nice Looking truck! I have a 1/2 dozen or so 1966 Trucks. Each build a bit different from ea other.

Whew...two is enough for us. Also have a 62 unibody truck that just the chassis is done on.

Great looking truck and I'm sure your dad will love driving it. I, too, am not a fan of the front wheel/tire setup. In part because it's not as safe a setup for your dad as a decently wide front tire would be. I get the skinnies/wide rear look muscular, but for safety sake consider a wider front setup. JMO. I love your engine choice and the detailing done. I'll be that truck will be in the family for some time to come. ;)

I respect your opinion Bob but he's ok with the wheel setup. He's had many vehicles with drag type setups and is familiar with the braking characteristics of having the skinny tires up front. Even with them I'm sure it brakes better than it did with the old 4 wheel manual drum brakes,lol.

That being said its highly apt to get different wheels in time anyways.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I dont know the name of the company , it there are some , that can make the stock wheel any diameter you want .
I see them done on brand X quite often ...
Keep up the good work and updates with pictures .

Users who are viewing this thread