Project DRKHRSE 2013 GT Build

Roadhouse

Established Member
For some reason I just can't get on board with harness bars. Seems like the wrong way to do it although they mount up to the OEM points.

I am of the same mindset. While a harness bar does allow you use shoulder harnesses, I would hate to see what would happen if you were actually in a rollover accident with it. The roof could potentially cave in on you and the harnesses won't allow your body to move out of the way.

So is your sub belt bar going to have the belts running in front of the seat? If so, this will do very little in stopping you from submarining during an accident.

I don't want to sound preachy, but in the end all of us must decide how much risk we are willing to accept with our safety equipment while on track. If you are comfortable with this setup and it works for you then that's great. Personally, I won't run harnesses without a roll bar and fixed back seats.

Oh and your car is awesome :beer:

j3st3r

Established Member
I track my car for fun, not for a job. I accept the risks of not having a full roll cage, and am ok with it. I like the fact i can track my car well, then bolt stock wheels and tires on and drive around town. To me the harness bar and harnesses are better than the stock setup. I don't where a fire suit, either or have a drive shaft loop, or shatter shield...but again I still have fun. Thanks for the feedback though, I do understand where you are coming from.

Also my mindset on the harnesses has nothing to do with an accident, it's to keep my ass planted in the seat. Yes the front harness goes over the seat

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Established Member
I track my car for fun, not for a job. I accept the risks of not having a full roll cage, and am ok with it. I like the fact i can track my car well, then bolt stock wheels and tires on and drive around town. To me the harness bar and harnesses are better than the stock setup. I don't where a fire suit, either or have a drive shaft loop, or shatter shield...but again I still have fun. Thanks for the feedback though, I do understand where you are coming from.

Also my mindset on the harnesses has nothing to do with an accident, it's to keep my ass planted in the seat. Yes the front harness goes over the seat

Well said, I understand your side as well. It's hard find a good balance between the street and track.

It is pretty cool how these cars can be easily street driven and then perform so well on the track. And beat up on cars more than twice the cost :coolman:

RogueShark18

Expert Money Spender
Established Member
You got a beautiful car there! I have to ask, what are your thoughts on the panhard bar now that it has been on the car awhile and if you did it all again, would you still make that decision? Also, how is the new oil separator setup working for you? Thanks!

j3st3r

Established Member
You got a beautiful car there! I have to ask, what are your thoughts on the panhard bar now that it has been on the car awhile and if you did it all again, would you still make that decision? Also, how is the new oil separator setup working for you? Thanks!

I dont have a panhard bar anymore, I am running the Watts Link...but if you are asking how that is, then I would say its great. Rear end just feels better all around. It tracks better, and just gives a better sense of confidence in the rear of the car. I did not have to adjust a thing at the track, nor did anything come loose or get out of adjustment. The one thing I wish I would have done was try each of the settings on the sway bar to see what, if any, difference it would have made. Even though its pretty early in the life of the product(s) for me, I would definitely do it again, and recommend it.

The oil breather setup...i really, really like it. I have not taken the top off to see if any oil has collected in the reservoir. For me, maybe it is just a psychological thing, or maybe its the way it is, but I like knowing/thinking that the oil vapors/oil is not just going back into the engine. Also visually I think it looks bad a$$ too!!

j3st3r

Established Member
First of the 2014 parts!

ARH Headers and X-pipe
1069015_10152133680624287_277027990_n_zpsc803d000-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
I love your car man. I got the same color and it makes me want to get rid of the gtcs badging. Looks so much cleaner without it.

j3st3r

Established Member
3/9/14

American Racing Longtube Headers(1-7/8) and Catted X-pipe added to my GT500 Axle back setup

[video=youtube;rNFVU5THT64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFVU5THT64[/video]

For those of you looking to install these yourself.....let me just say DONT...had a lift and 2 friends to help and it still took almost 10 hours to do. The sound and power are great....install...SUCKS.

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
...For those of you looking to install these yourself.....let me just say DONT...had a lift and 2 friends to help and it still took almost 10 hours to do. The sound and power are great....install...SUCKS.

We do it on a lift and drop the entire front subframe, holding the engine in relation to the body. The first one we did, and our first header install on an S197, took two guys about four hours. But we're probably a little more efficient than most. Now they are much quicker.

FWIW, get a custom tune done on a dyno. We picked up a huge amount of mid range torque and significant upper end HP with the ARH headers and stock exhaust. Later, we built a custom exhaust that freed up a few more HP up top.

greyhk2

Established Member
This build is phenomenal! And I have learned from this thread.

Question: Have you considered going for the big, elevated adjustable wing like the white Mustang you in one of your pictures for improved handling and down force on the track?

I've heard the improvement is amazing for cars that need more cornering compared to Porsches and stuff like that.

j3st3r

Established Member
This build is phenomenal! And I have learned from this thread.

Question: Have you considered going for the big, elevated adjustable wing like the white Mustang you in one of your pictures for improved handling and down force on the track?

I've heard the improvement is amazing for cars that need more cornering compared to Porsches and stuff like that.

Thanks man!

I have not, and am not considering a wing for the rear of the car. I passed and even lapped one of the Mustangs with the big wings, and they were purpose built race cars. If I were going to run a race series for points, and make this a full time race car, then I would probably do it then, but I still enjoy driving the car on both the track and the street. Really the only aero that is going on the car is the adjustable front splitter. The Watts link has made a HUGE difference in the rear of the car. I don't feel, at the moment that I have gotten everything there is to get out of my current setup. I think there are gains to be made with the adjustments that are available with the current setup. When I feel I been able to push this setup to, or close to the limits...the next step for me will be adjustable coilovers.

j3st3r

Established Member
Whats up with new format on forum...we can only have 1 video per post now??? anyway...

4/19/14

Took the stang to the drag strip finally!

Was only able to make 4 passes and then the damn rear end vent started spewing......really need to get that squared away with the setup I am working on. Overall pretty happy, was all done on street tires and pressures.

[video=youtube_share;wGxzs07NNfk]http://youtu.be/wGxzs07NNfk[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread