Project Icey Reservoir-*WARNING* Lots of DATA

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
sorry, fell asleep putting the little one to bed last night and now have to run across town to handle some wheel business. ill be on later this afternoon/evening wrapping it up. hopefully have it out tonight. im sure this is a weekend install for most so hopefully no one is waiting....

:poke: to myself!

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
You couldn't pry mine from my truck if you had to, no way will I ever ive this thing up :) I've had mine since about Feb of last year or somewhere in that range maybe before. Once you run the lines the right way and the tank feeds the intercooler the temps come right down, I;ve tested this beast in 118+ degrees. I can't go back. Once I got the airbox made my IAT's are typically within 5 degrees of ambient, which means alot when my IAT2's used to be in the 155+ range and then climb. I accually have to retune around this tank which should happen next week. I have dyno time so I'm going to do a couple of iced runs, I'll post results.
DSCF6532.sized.jpg

She's dirrrrrty!

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
TucsonPred - I'm glad to hear that!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!!!!!!

I've had mine since the first batch were sent out............. and yet to use it :bash:

got it installed then the next day I decided I needed a 3.4 Whipple and DMP Stage 3 built motor with a Gt Aluminum block, hopefully in a few months I'll be able to test the Iceybox out

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I've had mine since the first batch were sent out............. and yet to use it :bash:

got it installed then the next day I decided I needed a 3.4 Whipple and DMP Stage 3 built motor with a Gt Aluminum block, hopefully in a few months I'll be able to test the Iceybox out

lol, youre not the only one :thumbsup:

my good buddy has been driving around with his sitting in the back seat of his HD for about two months now. we jokingly refer to it as Wilson (like in Cast Away) since its sitting in the seat like a passenger. like he puts the seat belt on and talks to it, lol. and now he's decided to get the remote mounted unit instead and put our new JLP style water box in that location :D so now even MORE waiting for him.

AZ ERIK

Established Member
You want numbers?
Thanks to Snipers wonderful data loggging not really telling you when it is or is not recording I did not get back to back info on the IAT2's but I was however on the roller and every run was basically identical.
Mustang dyno, 1 blower to the top of the Motor, 1 to the radiator, 1 to the H/e. Temps in the shop were just about 70 degrees.
Run 1 was without the cooler on, run 2 was 30 seconds after first pull with the cooler on, idle for 30 seconds and we're off
I can't find my dyno sheet so sadly this is the best pic of it

I'm also trying to figure out why there is a matching fall off at about 4500rpm+
img00295_212.jpg

AZ ERIK

Established Member
Ignore the numbers above, I found out last week my IC pump was dead when making these dyno pulls.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
How is this different from the killer chiller?

... thats what im wondering ... sounds about the same jsut more affordable and i think it looks betterwith ought relocating your batt. maybe im wrong.. any way i jsut pm steve about getting one

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I picked one of these up used...did that buddies instructions ever see the light of day?

Been several years, so it's understandable that Fade's picture links are broken.

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I'm installing next weekend. :rockon:

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
You could try to PM Steve at True Forged..... if that doesn't work, gimme a few days to look around. I may still have mine.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I installed the AC lines and charged with industrial 12A......in cab temps are horrible!!!!

I'm going to remove H/E fans and block it off to see what that does. This is on 100 degree days...once I start driving and get more airflow I do a little better. What fans are you guys running with the Icey Res?

Users who are viewing this thread