Project Pro-touring Fox (Ridetech Equipped)

BLKFOX

Established Member
Starting from scratch? Like new block and everything?
Yep, I had another block already and just started building it. It's going to be completely redone. This will be the first one I've done myself, from the ground up. I could've bought a crate engine but I just wanted this one to be exactly what I had planned.
Love the way the car looks man. Hopefully by next week Ill have a new fox in my driveway as well.
Thanks bud! Foxes are fun cars, I'm ready to get this one done :-D.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah I know the feeling. I found a coupe with heads, cam and it's carb'd which I'm cool with for now. I'm ready to get it started haha. I havnt been in a pushrod since 2007 so I'm looking forward to it.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Yeah I know the feeling. I found a coupe with heads, cam and it's carb'd which I'm cool with for now. I'm ready to get it started haha. I havnt been in a pushrod since 2007 so I'm looking forward to it.

Sounds like a good start! Pushrods are cheap and fun. I love my Mach 1 but I needed something I didn't feel guilty about beating on!

BLKFOX

Established Member
It was extremely hard not to hug the UPS guy today! Now I'm just waiting on some rockers, lifters, pushrods, etc... and I'll be back in build mode!

IMG_1196_zpszk6odb4d.jpg

I would have went 351 if I was starting from scratch. Sweet ride though

I could've, I even have a half built 351w in the garage. I just wanted a different route for this car!

BLKFOX

Established Member
^^ Both great reputations!

I've been trying to stay busy on this thing, I've had alot of parts coming in (finally) and now it's pretty much all down to assembly. I know there are going to be alot of things that I do along the way, so more than likely, it's going to take longer than I've planned. I ordered the the Scott Rod engine bay panels to clean up the look, I love a clean engine bay! Needless to say, there's going to be some wire-tucking going on. I wasn't planning on the burnout video being the last time I drove it, but I walked into the garage the other night, and starting pulling things off. I've just got to drop the trans and pull the engine in the next couple of days. Once that's done, I'll get my tubular K member put in, weld the Scott Rod panels up, and paint the bay. Hopefully, by then, the engine will be ready to fall in place!

EB587657-50C6-46B7-8119-802E65FCE059_zpsnl6hizv5.gif

3FF10876-649B-4127-9CD7-521CCE1BB68D_zpsiws9iggo.gif

D578A9AD-756C-4FBC-9C26-049AF43D4673_zps7zeixnuv.gif

BLKFOX

Established Member
I have a little bit of progress going on. Here are some shots of the rotating assembly, finally up on the stand. I've still got to check the piston to valve clearance. Right now I'm waiting on a woodruff key to come in, every parts store I go to that has a guy with a blank stare on his face, so I just gave up and ordered one from Jegs... The Scott Rod Fab panels have finally shipped to me, so I'll be pulling all of the engine bay apart, welding those in, and going in for paint VERY soon! :D

7E3D0E23-3205-4747-8A54-FF06AC0FD960_zpsp1sjzy5x.gif

8F00D655-EC40-4E12-806E-1241FE211D8C_zpsdcnzoybw.gif

3D9B2368-CBB2-4FCC-8962-81CB6784CA16_zpsfqjmoqii.gif

E35A92A8-2A13-4259-A8D5-8245D5C83BC3_zpskhqwjfxd.gif

crazycarlo

Established Member
Looks like it's coming along nice. I decided to do sort of a junkyard build on mine. Anything I can find at the junkyard that will add power ill be getting from there. Intake, heads etc. gonna go with either a TFS 1 cam or an Anderson N41

BLKFOX

Established Member
Looks like it's coming along nice. I decided to do sort of a junkyard build on mine. Anything I can find at the junkyard that will add power ill be getting from there. Intake, heads etc. gonna go with either a TFS 1 cam or an Anderson N41

Thanks! Very cool idea, there are plenty of used parts for these available out there. It just takes some digging around to find them :D

BLKFOX

Established Member
This is the current state of the car, just a roller. I'm just pulling the harnesses out of the engine bay, so I can weld the Scott Rod Fab panels in, and get it painted. The parts are piling up, I'm just waiting on a couple of pieces to come in so I can get the clearances all checked and be one step closer to dropping everything in place!

FA8E964B-DB26-464A-A1BE-0D4687FA2CC5_zpsfiw45tgf.gif

Users who are viewing this thread