• Not Just No but HELL NO!

Votes: 117 52.2%
  • I like pie

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slick4_6

Established Member
Carry her out and give her a complete balls to the wall run in 1st-3rd and ask her if she still wants to let her son carry it to prom.

bugmenot

Established Member
^ If it was a stock cobra, I wouldn't worry about it. But its not. Kids can drive cars, its not like if you are between the ages of 17-25 you cant drive. But if you have never dealt with the power, sounds like he hasn't, it can turn out bad. He will have fun in the car if he takes it. Doesn't mean he will be going fast or doing burnouts the whole time, but at one point he will gun it. All it takes is for it to happen at the wrong point, or even for him to shift at a bad point for it to spin.

MikeW

Established Member
OP, tell us more about the kid (attitude, grades, maturity, etc) and we can be more helpful)

Great kid, excellent grades, and mature for his age. Never in any trouble; That is why I dont want to put him in a situation that may be out of his control. If it were a stock '03 I'd let him take it ... if he can drive a stick at all.

I wish prom had been before i sold the bone stock 99 C5 vert :??:

T.Bone

Established Member
I bet his date won't even be able to get in the car if she is wearing a big prom dress.

I use to let my daughter take mine to school when they had a special event going on and it never came home broke or dented. Granted mine is only 450 to the wheels, she is now 21 and I let her take it to work once in a while.

I had a valet tune called "Richelles Tune" on my SCTII if I felt that I needed it. I never put it on and the car always came home the way it left.

I know some of you are going to say "But thats a girl". Let me say that she takes her 06 5 speed GT to the track with me all the time and loves to beat the guys! She knew that her mom would rip her a new one if the car came home messed up.

Can't you set the max speed with the SCTII also?

Good luck with your decesion.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Assure his mom that he can drive a "normal" car to prom (like most of the population) and he won't be traumatized for life. ;-)

If he wants to blow his own money renting a limo, that's his call. :shrug:

I've never been a big fan of the hype (and $$$) associated with prom. It's probably a good thing I don't have a daughter. :-D

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
get a limo, way cheaoer than if he crunches your car or god forbid kills himself or his girlfriend...not wrht the risk in my opinion

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
THanks :beer: But in her defense she is a great parent ... she just does not understand how powerful these cars can be. Nor the fact that if you dont have good peddle control (on street tires) these things can get away from you real qwick.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas guys :beer:

Yeah, didn't mean to bash on her parenting skills, just making a generalization. Take her out in the car and do a few quick acceleration runs and she'll realize that her son shouldn't be driving those cars.

Great kid, excellent grades, and mature for his age. Never in any trouble;

I was the same way in HS dude, finished 4th in my class and got a bunch of awards at graduation. All it took for me was a buddy egging me on. He told me to do donuts in a parking lot (it was like 12am) and I refused because I didn't want to hit a curb. Instead I just floored it when I left the lot and spun the tires in first, 2nd, and 3rd since it was so wet. Lost control and spun out into the muddy median. Barely missed hitting a line of small pine trees. And this was when my car was completely stock. I would have killed myself in a 600whp car.

Just be safe and tell her to keep his safety in mind. Something WILL happen if he drives those cars, its not even a question of if, but when.

MikeW

Established Member
Yeah, didn't mean to bash on her parenting skills, just making a generalization. Take her out in the car and do a few quick acceleration runs and she'll realize that her son shouldn't be driving those cars.

Just be safe and tell her to keep his safety in mind. Something WILL happen if he drives those cars, its not even a question of if, but when.

:beer: I know if HS I would not be able to trust my self with a 600RWHP car. I did flog on dad's rides though. He had a '72 911 that I had more than a few crazy times in. :burnout: Although he never let me drive his '70 Boss 302 :(

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
One other point worth considering...

If my daughter's date attempted to pick her up in a car that had more than 100hp, I'd pull an Al Bundy on the kid and slam his head into the wall as I was showing him out the door. But that's just me. :shrug:

Seriously...it's hard to imagine the girl's parents would regard this a good idea. If they do, I would question their parental judgement.

My94GT

Established Member
One other point worth considering...

If my daughter's date attempted to pick her up in a car that had more than 100hp, I'd pull an Al Bundy on the kid and slam his head into the wall as I was showing him out the door. But that's just me. :shrug:

Seriously...it's hard to imagine the girl's parents would regard this a good idea. If they do, I would question their parental judgement.

why? ive always had loud bright colored performance cars most parents didnt like the noise but trusted me enough that i wasnt going to put anyone in harms way.

id say no though just for the siple fact that if the kid cant drive the clutch well enough it could end up bad.

02r1

Established Member
when I was in hs my uncle let me drive his z06. that made my whole night after i picked up the car i wasnt even worried about prom any more just wanted to be seen driving a z06. I say yes just bc i couldnt think my uncle enough for wut he did. my .02

Users who are viewing this thread