Votes: 117 52.2%
  • I like pie

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Either give him some money for a limo, or put the "Valet tune" on your beast. Then he can't go crazy with it :lol1:

MikeW

Established Member

In other news, you have TWO whippled terminators! Wow!

Picked up the coupe a couple of weeks ago.

g14classified2.jpg

The Vert that I have had since '02

IMG_0390.jpg

Maybe I can talk him in to Driving the '98 cobra if I clean it up REAL nice :shrug:

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
honestly, there is now way I would give him the keys. When I was 17, I could barely handle my 250hp foxbody gt. Of course I dont know the kid, but I think @ 17 he probably isnt mature enough to respect the power.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Hell no!

He might be fine driving until he gets infront of his friends or infront or every at the prom. Then he end sup over the curb hitting somthing. Dont even let em drive it with a 3k limit.

03CobraDude

If you were with him the whole night, I'm sure he'd be fine with the car. Once you let him alone with no supervision, you might get a phone call later that night telling you your car has been wrecked and you need to go to the hospital.

I'm 16, would I like to drive a 600 rwhp car? Hell yes. But do I, no, because I know I would probably get into trouble. A stock Terminator or stock C5 Z06 is enough for me. Don't let him have it. If you let him drive anything, give him an older and slower one.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im only 19 and i say no. i would say yes if he had experience driving the cars with you and was very mature, but if you give him a 600rwhp car that he doesnt really know how to drive he is probably going to do something stupid to impress someone.

darkhorse276

Established Member
Well I can only say from experience, that I wouldn't give him the keys. I had my grandmother's 7 series that I drive alot for my senior prom, and my friend's dad let her boyfriend drive his nice new hemi. Now I'm not usually one to do anything out of line at all, but we ended up racing down the highway on the way home. And our cars only had half the hp of yours.

Basically, prom is a big night, and many people are bound to go a little over the top. Just one time I would probably say no in your situation. My .02

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
giving a 17 yr old the keys to a 600+ rwhp car is asking to go to a funeral.. little alcohol involved, peer pressure etc and boom, dead kids..

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
If he's not responsible then on...is there a valet option on the handheld tuner?

bugmenot

Established Member
I would say no, especially if he has never driven it before. For my first prom night I took my parents 03 Harley F-150, but drove around in it quite often. Now, that isn't even close to as fast as your car, and I would not have taken it if I never drove it before. On top of that, you have a manual car. Second year my friend drove us in his m5, due to the rx-7 being dented.

Have them rent a car, or limo. I personally never took a limo, as you have more control when you drive, but most people did. Its not so much about your car, thats what insurance is for, but its more about their safety. Plus, you don't WANT to have to use your insurance.

MikeW

Established Member
Seriously, the kid will hurt himself, because you know he'll either show off to his friends or his date. For her to even consider this is like bad parenting.

THanks :beer: But in her defense she is a great parent ... she just does not understand how powerful these cars can be. Nor the fact that if you dont have good peddle control (on street tires) these things can get away from you real qwick.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas guys :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Absolutely no, IMO...not a good idea...it's not worth the risk and the guilt that would be felt if something did happen to the kid...no way

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Hell no. Theres no way I would ever give anyone the keys to even a stock cobra let alone one with 600whp. He will wreck it and kill himself IMO. Nomatter how much of a good driver anyone thinks he is, theres only one reason why he wants your car on prom night. So he can drive the crap out of it! Dont do it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
now what about the hundreds of 03 owners that are in their teens/20s and haven't crashed it?

I swear its ridiculous to think that every young adult that drives one of these cars will run it into a tree in one night.

Maybe he just wants to ride around in a convertible.

OP, tell us more about the kid (attitude, grades, maturity, etc) and we can be more helpful)

Users who are viewing this thread