Pro's and Con's of YOUR setup

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
everything in my sig is current.

but two years from now it might not be, so then someone reading the thread at that time will not know what you mean (i think that is what he's saying)

mine is just a basic 450hp c/p/i/e terminator but it is reliable and alot of fun for regular street driving. but i sure want to try a twin screw kenne bell soon!

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
(cbr repsol) Def true lol. How much power is enough for a terminator? The car reacts so well to power that it feels at home at most power levels.

Ive felt a tt 03 cobra with twins hook 800+ rwhp in 2nd gear.:bowdown: I felt like that was enough..lol

cbr repsol

Established Member
but two years from now it might not be, so then someone reading the thread at that time will not know what you mean (i think that is what he's saying)

mine is just a basic 450hp c/p/i/e terminator but it is reliable and alot of fun for regular street driving. but i sure want to try a twin screw kenne bell soon!

never though of that....updated my orig post.

zeusha

Established Member
Ive felt a tt 03 cobra with twins hook 800+ rwhp in 2nd gear.:bowdown: I felt like that was enough..lol
Im not a HUGE fan of turbo's. I tried it on 2 different platforms with a custom setup and with a kit and it just came to be WAY more trouble and costly than a supercharger. I mean dont get me wrong there is not much more menacing than removing the front bumper and seeing the business end of twins but was just a pain in the ass!!! lol. Here is a vid of my twin turbo Camaro, I still have her but twins removed STS for the APS system

Conan taping reaper STS Turbo Camaro Dialing in 7. - Car Videos on StreetFire

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Mine is more of a weekend car/track setup now. Once a DD.

Pro's

-Stock like driveability, forged bottom end, stock head stock cams
-Stock T56 with a 26 spline input shaft, more driveability
-It runs 9's on slicks and skinnies, 10.30's on stock rims with DR's
-Single Power adder
-28's on a 17" rim are somewhat predicatable even with 700+HP

Cons'
-Big Boost 2.8H 26-27psi = alot of intake temps = ice at the track, every pass
-Requires 110 Octane or better, I dont chance it with cheap gas/torco/meth shit
-Same setup on the street makes serious heat, and isnt the best on parts
-IRS is nice, but will not hold the power at the track, holds car back(solid swap inwork)
-car is almost out of hand on the street but controllable, I play catchup alot in 3rd 4th

SVTDice

Established Member
Well, My car is strictly street driven. No track. It may see AutoX or tracking but never 1/4th or 1/8th. It is a GREAT Setup for the street. It has a 2.76 Upper, Stock lower, Port, Dragon T/B, full exhaust, Full bolt on's. I honestly have too many modifications to list the rest will be in the sig, But those are the major ones.

Pro's
-Great traction on the street, Dead hooks 2nd. (Quite the rush!)
-Great throttle response, its easy to cruise and easily could be a DD
-Great power, Sounds nice and its nothing to crazy
-Cheap to set up, great bang for buck.
-Eaton whine! :coolman:
-Its addicting to drive
-Can corner carve and run down 98% of anything on the road with ease.

Con's
-Its loud, Between the Eatonand the exhaust setup, it draws alot of attention, Maybe too much. It can be your enemy in the wrong situation.
-I want to mod it more :rollseyes
-I want even more power...:cuss:

-The Future
Wellllll...What I want from my car is to get as much as possibly I can from the Eaton, I love this little blower and the amount we can push with these things amazes me. I want to go 2.76 and 6lb lower but i'm not sure if that would be too aggressive for the street or not. So future plans is..

-2.76/6lb
-E85
-Killerchiller (Let me know what you guys think for a street car (Honestly)

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
pros:
just having an 03/04 cobra

having a built and stroked boss block with a turbo

love the sra never breaks or leaks

suspension mods out the ass

cons:
some people say i destroyed my cobra by making it a sra or because of the turbo now and not the supercharger or both.

wish i had like 2 or 3 cobra's they are very addictive

dumping like $25k in a car just in general. i could think of other things to spend/save with that money

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
My setup:
Steggy Stage V (no torque plate)
2.76/2# lower
60# injectors
KB BAP
Ported Accufab plenum
Billetflow SBTB
Open filter on stock intake tube
A ton of chassis stiffening thanks to Kenny Brown
H&R race springs
Billetflow IRS brace
etc etc...but that's the main pieces.

Pro's:
I have a 500 horsepower convertible car
Can hook enough in 1st on street tires to walk off from most vehicles around here
At the drag strip can beat most other street vehicles in this area
At autocross have more than enough power to play...almost too much
Is completely reliable, streetable, and able to drive anywhere at anytime with no issues
Have supporting mods for Nitrous/TS in the future with just a new tune
Ported Eatons whine like no other

Con's:
Always have the itch for more power
Breaking a halfshaft always in the back of your mind
Autocross turns into a drift event...
There is always someone faster

What I would change on my current setup:
Add the 4# lower from the start, can't justify the price for a new tune for 2# of boost and minimal power gains...

mach1033

Established Member
My first set up was this. 03 vert with full subs, magnaflow catted x, magnaflow catback, 60lb injectors, street tires and 2.3 whipple with stock pulley and TB.
Car made 500hp and 490tq.
Pro's. A BIG FAT ZERO!!!!!
Cons. Wheel hop was unreal. Zero traction could only do 3rd gear runs. Car would fall on its face in between shifts due to the PPRV.
Second set up got a little smarter and addressed all the crap that verts are known for. Fuel system upgrades to the full Fore set up from lethal. 4lb lower with with 3.0 upper on the 2.3 making 21lbs of boost. Tuned with torco. Went with Mac LTs, lethal x pipe and magnapack catback. Full tilt boogie bushing kit. MM complete coilover kit, strut tower brace, K member, A-arms with delrin bushings, front and rear bumpsteer. Spec 3+ clutch with 26 spline upgrade. Steeda tri-ax shifter. Finally and the most important of all was a set of M/T drag radials.
Pro's. I no longer worried about spinning from a dig. Handling is unreal and I wish I could describe it with words but I just cant. All I can say is as soon as you move the steering wheel the car is shooting for that direction. The A-arms moved the front wheels further apart and now it just bites if that makes sense. Zero wheel hop which is great. I no longer have that annoying vert shake going over things like railroad tracks. The only time I would lose in a race were from cars that made more power than me. Other than that like CBR mentioned I pretty much destroyed anything that pulled up to me.
Con's. Tuned for torco which meant it cost's more money to fill up when ever I went on long trips. Street tires are no longer an option. DR's are a must.
Third set up was my 2.9 upgrade. 3.5 upper with 4lb lower. 23.5lbs of boost with torco.
Pro's. My car was insanely fast and never stopped pulling.
Con's. Maxed out the 60lb injectors along with the GT pumps. I blew my motor during a race due to the fuel system not being up to the task.
4th set up on the way$$$$$$ :-D

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have your most basic setup,lol. My sig shows everything I have. My spring mods will include upgrading clutch, input shaft, flywheel, tob, pilot bearing, firewall adjuster/quadrant, head cooling mod,ect.

I love everything about the car, it drives like stock and is a blast to drive. Sucky thing is I wanted to safe up money so I could pay this off faster, but now the noise in the tranny is forcing me to upgrade all that right now. But I like everyone else, is going to want more power! So beefing up the drivetrain before I go whipple seems like a right choice.

Mine is NOT a daily driver, and I personally woudn't want it to be. I hate having it dirty and worry to much about idiot drivers around here.

FastNick01

Established Member
My mods in sig.
Pro's
Pretty quick, keeps up or beats most cars on the street.
Comfortable power at virtually any rpm.
Sounds absolutely amazing, get compliments every time I take it out.
Good all around performance straight line and also in the twisties

Con's
The damn ram clutch is heavy as a mother!!
The overall shifter position sucks in my opinion, I have the Tri-ax.
Cant seem to ever have the clutch cable/quadrant adjusted properly.
Doesn't even compare to my TA in sheer power/pull.
Running stock pumps with stock injectors/maf my pprv goes crazy when shifting to fast up top
Not enough power. Needs a kenne bell 2.8mammoth on E85 at 23lbs to be taken off the cons list.

Overall not a bad split. Nothing a little list of Parts won't take care of.

mach1033

Established Member
My mods in sig.
Pro's
Pretty quick, keeps up or beats most cars on the street.
Comfortable power at virtually any rpm.
Sounds absolutely amazing, get compliments every time I take it out.
Good all around performance straight line and also in the twisties

Con's
The damn ram clutch is heavy as a mother!!
The overall shifter position sucks in my opinion, I have the Tri-ax.
Cant seem to ever have the clutch cable/quadrant adjusted properly.
Doesn't even compare to my TA in sheer power/pull.
Running stock pumps with stock injectors/maf my pprv goes crazy when shifting to fast up top
Not enough power. Needs a kenne bell 2.8mammoth on E85 at 23lbs to be taken off the cons list.

Overall not a bad split. Nothing a little list of Parts won't take care of.

You can fix the heavy clutch feel by upgrading to a hydraulic system.

zeusha

Established Member
Mine is more of a weekend car/track setup now. Once a DD.

Pro's

-Stock like driveability, forged bottom end, stock head stock cams
-Stock T56 with a 26 spline input shaft, more driveability
-It runs 9's on slicks and skinnies, 10.30's on stock rims with DR's
-Single Power adder
-28's on a 17" rim are somewhat predicatable even with 700+HP

Cons'
-Big Boost 2.8H 26-27psi = alot of intake temps = ice at the track, every pass
-Requires 110 Octane or better, I dont chance it with cheap gas/torco/meth shit
-Same setup on the street makes serious heat, and isnt the best on parts
-IRS is nice, but will not hold the power at the track, holds car back(solid swap inwork)
-car is almost out of hand on the street but controllable, I play catchup alot in 3rd 4th

You got a crazy setup man! sweet numbers

Users who are viewing this thread