Prospective '99 TT Build

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Ask anyone who knows turbo cobras, see what they say. I'm not even going to argue this. but 3.55's with twin 60's-67's and a 900 hp goal...? You want some 4.10's with your 700 hp whipple too?

On the other hand, I find it ironic that you would counter my opinion with a brash generalization based on the result of 2 cars after you just shot down a well known fact, calling it generalized...It may have made 25 peak HP more, but when did they start to build boost, when did their boost peak, who made more power across the rpm range, what was the torque, how was the suspension set up, driver experience comes into play, weight reduction, transmission gear ratios, tires.....And just for the hell of it, every NA cobra should have 4.10's or better.:burn:

No you definitely dont want 4.10s with a whipple for regular street use, but you could run a 28' tall sticky tire and possibly stay in 4th gear in the 1/4, ass. You said ANY turbo cobra needs 3.27, that is not correct. In his case a 3.27 will be a good choice, and i agree with you. Ive done my homework on turbos and driven turbo cobras as well, that was what my original plans for my car were before i wanted to go the centri route.

It is a well known rule of thumb that an higher gear ratio is better for turbo cars, just not the way you said it, thats all i was correcting sir. Im also glad that you picked up on my generalization, because we both did it and mine was intentional.

And with what I highlighted in red, you proved my point. You have to choose your gear for the specific application, intead of saying 3.27 needs to be in any and every turbo cobra. Each set up will be slightly different, requiring different needs. But you just have to be correct and you know everything, I will agree with you that in this case a 3.27 or less will be his optimal choice. It just may not be the best choice for every turbo cobra like you say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread