PS3 guys!! Which PS3 should I buy?

96badvenm

Established Member
Got a gift card to get my ps3 last night. Once the holiday rush is over i will be going to pick one up. It seems like there is 3-4 different versions of it as far as memory storage. Do they all do the same thing, some just have more memory? Thanks

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
too bad they dont make the BEST one anymore. The 60gb was the best one made yet from what I hear since it had the best backward capability. Id go with the 120. I have a 60gb and didnt even really use that much memory and i have probably 10 games stored on it plus all my saves and such

earl lee

Established Member
Yeah, as the others have said you can only buy 2 and they are both the ps3 slim 120 and the 250.

I have a 160gig fat and trust me 120 is plenty enough far as space go. Your not gonna max it out unless you store your whole mp3/video collection on the thing which would be dumb in my opinion.

So get the 120 slim for 299.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
too bad they dont make the BEST one anymore. The 60gb was the best one made yet from what I hear since it had the best backward capability. Id go with the 120. I have a 60gb and didnt even really use that much memory and i have probably 10 games stored on it plus all my saves and such

I have the first 80gb. It also plays ps2 games and has 4 usb ports. Best ps3 ever.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i would get the 250 gig. 120 would probably be enough, but you never know. i said the same about my 40 gig. turned out it wasn't enough. lol.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I got the 250 gig... it was the only one left so it was that or nothing... for another $50 I thought it was worth it ...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I have the first 80gb. It also plays ps2 games and has 4 usb ports. Best ps3 ever.

they had more problems with the 80 over the 60. The backwards capability in the 60 had much less freezes and mess ups in it compared to any other. Mine also has 4 USB ports ;)

CobrarboC

Established Member
honestly i have an xbox 360 and a PS3.. I would get the xbox if you just mainly plan to play games... i hate the controller on the ps3. and alot more ppl are on the xbox... im not biased its great too but most ppl i know play xbox and id rather bullshit with my friends and play with them but goodluck.. you do get a blue ray player with a ps3 though =D =D

65fastback2+2

Established Member
they had more problems with the 80 over the 60. The backwards capability in the 60 had much less freezes and mess ups in it compared to any other. Mine also has 4 USB ports ;)

thats because the 60gb had a physical ps2 chipset inside for ps2 gaming....the 80gb moved to a software ps2 engine which made it terrible

Jroc

Established Member
thats because the 60gb had a physical ps2 chipset inside for ps2 gaming....the 80gb moved to a software ps2 engine which made it terrible

x2.

I have an original 80 GB system and while it back plays most games fine some it don't play and some it plays with glitches which forces me to break out the old PS2. The 60 GB's have to PS2 Emotion chip.

If it were me I would get a good used 60 GB system and put a bigger hard drive in it. JMO

Users who are viewing this thread