PSA: Out of Town

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
It's been awhile since we've been to Hawaii, but we rented Harleys and rode the Hana highway. Sounds great in theory, but every corner I was dragging the side pipes.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hello gents,

I'll be out of town starting Thursday evening (12/8) and will return on Monday 12/19. I feel weird having to post that up here, but with the # of PMs I get almost daily, I don't want you guys to think I'm ignoring anyone or that I died. haha

My wife and I will be celebrating our birthdays in Maui.

hawaii_plane.jpg
Congrats! enjoy!

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
If you want to take back home two Hawaiian-Christmas CDs...

Cazimero Christmas Favorites [The Brothers Cazimero]

Mele Kalikimaka- An Island Style Christmas [Various Artists]

Last edited:

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Also make a stop to "Maui Potato Shop" before they permanently close on the 15th too... It's back in Kahului though.
295 Lalo Street.
Or call 808-877-3652 to see if they have anything left...

Former landmark/local-own shop that has forced to close up shop after all these years.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just heard on the news that some of the locals are getting pissed with all the visitors. I guess there was two volcano things happening, not sure which island.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just heard on the news that some of the locals are getting pissed with all the visitors. I guess there was two volcano things happening, not sure which island.

As far as I'm concerned... tourism is the only thing that keeps Hawaii from being a 3rd world country.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Hello gents,

I'll be out of town starting Thursday evening (12/8) and will return on Monday 12/19. I feel weird having to post that up here, but with the # of PMs I get almost daily, I don't want you guys to think I'm ignoring anyone or that I died. haha

My wife and I will be celebrating our birthdays in Maui.

hawaii_plane.jpg
Go to Miso Phat if you like seafood, they have the best!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure you're having a great time there, Nick. Great to relax and unwind, isn't it? And what better place than Maui. My wife and I were there in 1999 and loved it. Best vacation we ever had. We'd love to go back, but it's a LONG flight from the East Coast. We flew First Class when we went, so the flight was actually comfortable. Not sure, though, if I'd want to blow that much money away now on premo seats. It DOES make a big difference in flying comfort/relaxation.

Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Adower

Established Member
Nice man! We're heading to the big island in January. See if you can island hop over there and check out the volcano erupting.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Go to Miso Phat if you like seafood, they have the best!!!!

ha, we went recently and had dinner there. my wife was blown away by the food.

did you notice all the abandoned cars everywhere? some of them torched. they must have an epidemic of car thefts. people just abandon them and they just leave them there. some you can tell have been there for quite some time. some even near the water. some fields we saw over a dozen abandoned cars. it was odd.

also the chickens everywhere lol.

they must have some good deals going on because it seems like people all around us have been going the past couple of months. neighbors, co-workers, friends etc...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ha, we went recently and had dinner there. my wife was blown away by the food.

did you notice all the abandoned cars everywhere? some of them torched. they must have an epidemic of car thefts. people just abandon them and they just leave them there. some you can tell have been there for quite some time. some even near the water. some fields we saw over a dozen abandoned cars. it was odd.

also the chickens everywhere lol.

they must have some good deals going on because it seems like people all around us have been going the past couple of months. neighbors, co-workers, friends etc...

I'm not sure if I would classify it as a good deal. I think all in for 6 days, we were about $13-14k.

The abandoned cars were an eye opener...it's too expensive to get them off the island.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'm not sure if I would classify it as a good deal. I think all in for 6 days, we were about $13-14k.

The abandoned cars were an eye opener...it's too expensive to get them off the island.

but you'd think they'd have a junkyard somewhere, out of sight. looks terrible for tourism and its just going to get worse if they just leave them sitting there.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
1. We loved it. Had an absolutely amazing time!
2. The weather was perfect.
3. We had the perfect amount of hiking/exploring and relaxing lined up.
4. The flight home was brutal with the 4 hour time change.
How long were you gone for? My boss is there now since Thursday and its been raining and stormy. Just a couple of sunny days so far since then.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long were you gone for? My boss is there now since Thursday and its been raining and stormy. Just a couple of sunny days so far since then.

A week.

Luckily we got back right before the storms hit!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Second PSA...

Out of town until next Thursday. Headed down to Key Largo for business/pleasure.

Don't kill the Goose before I return please.

02a110a193a74ce9b704cdcfd1dd2a11_large!_!dcb8c732e99c683e98caf20357ab3e41.jpg
That's not close to me dick. Beach chairs are empty, probably because I heard that place is haunted.

Users who are viewing this thread