• 320+

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Stock

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03DOHC

Established Member
Maybe my '97 Cobra was a slug, because my 2003 Cobra seems to be WAY quicker. To my butt-o-meter, no comparison.

FWIW, I voted for the 2.93" pulley.

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
How about someone providing a reasonably priced 2.93 inch pulley? Nothing fancy, just a pulley. No kits, no tools, just a 2.93 inch pulley.

If anyone knows of this, please let me know.

I'm still waiting for the dust to settle on the TB & upper pipes. Who actually has what size and for how much. And what are the actual results?
Thanks,

Dana

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
How about someone providing a reasonably priced 2.93 inch pulley? Nothing fancy, just a pulley. No kits, no tools, just a 2.93 inch pulley.
Why can't you order a stock Lightning replacement from the Ford parts counter? (or check the L sections and see if anyone has their old one lying around)

robert patrick

Established Member
pulley size

I have a stupid question....How can you tell the size of the pulley. I have one ordered that adds an additiopnal 6 poundsbut I do not knopw the size of it.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Jimbo,
I tried Ford the day I picked up the car and the parts guy showed me the diagrams and said that the pulley was not serviced seperately. What could I say? Unless someone can come up with a part number to order it, I don't think we can go that route. I'll be happy to go back there with a number though.

And, I posted in the Lightning section and got no replies.

I haven't tried Eaton, but I doubt that they deal directly with the public.

But I'm still hoping and I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for trying,
Dana

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
310?

I picked the 3.10. Sounds like a fairly safe option that should deliver good performance. I'd like one with a hub (the DUB type setup) and a chip setup for it but I really haven't heard anybody offering these. Anybody know if that exists?

jtfx6552

Established Member
Dna,
Rick at Amazon Racing usually has 2.93 pulleys for sale, he is temporally out. He has 2.8x and 3.1's along with various size lowers. I thought the "usual" other '03 Cobra vendors typically stocked the 2.93 as well.

JT

cobra racing

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Jimbo,
I tried Ford the day I picked up the car and the parts guy showed me the diagrams and said that the pulley was not serviced seperately. What could I say? Unless someone can come up with a part number to order it, I don't think we can go that route. I'll be happy to go back there with a number though.

And, I posted in the Lightning section and got no replies.

I haven't tried Eaton, but I doubt that they deal directly with the public.

But I'm still hoping and I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for trying,
Dana

You are correct, that the pulley was not serviced by Ford, Aftermarket only

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Re: 310?

Originally posted by Elapidae
I picked the 3.10. Sounds like a fairly safe option that should deliver good performance. I'd like one with a hub (the DUB type setup) and a chip setup for it but I really haven't heard anybody offering these. Anybody know if that exists?

Elapidae, for those who do not want to run alot of boost, we do now offer the DUB 3.20" & the 3.4" Pulley unit, or can be bought separately for ones own personal preference. Check out the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_products_dub.htm

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Re: Re: 310?

Originally posted by WYD_TRKR
Elapidae, for those who do not want to run alot of boost, we do now offer the DUB 3.20" & the 3.4" Pulley unit, or can be bought separately for ones own personal preference. Check out the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_products_dub.htm

Thanks, Yeah that's more like what I'm looking for.

I understand that the pulley and chip should pretty much go hand in hand.

Do you have a 3.2 DUB package with a chip especially tuned for it?

To further that question... If I got the hub, pulley, puller, belt and chip with my stock exhaust and then got aftermarket exhaust, would the chip need to be reburned or could you burn one program that would work with stock and aftermarket exhaust and not have any unpleasant side effects in either?

And... (sorry about all the questions)

What are the other things that the chip will do by default? (other than adjust the A/F):
Raise rev limiter to ????
Drop the speed limiter or raise it to ???
Kill the boost dump?
Anything else?

Thanks
:-D :-D

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Ohhh...

Ohhh...

Any dyno results with 3.2 pulley and chip on a stock 03 Cobra?

Thanks again :-D

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 310?

To further that question... If I got the hub, pulley, puller, belt and chip with my stock exhaust and then got aftermarket exhaust, would the chip need to be reburned or could you burn one program that would work with stock and aftermarket exhaust and not have any unpleasant side effects in either?

What are the other things that the chip will do by default? (other than adjust the A/F):
Kill the boost dump?
Anything else?

Thanks

Elapidae, we can put you a package together with any size DUB SC Pulley Unit you want to use on your car. From the Performance Packages we offer. Also, you get to choose what package that would suite you and if you decided to change your exhaust at a later date, we could do a FREE Re-Burn of the Chip for you.

The 3.2" DUB SC Pulley unit and a Chip will net you an additional 40 to 45 more horsepower, over factory configuration, as you are adding 3.5 to 4 more lbs. boost, relative to your climate, Altitude factors etc. Hope this helps, as the Performance Packages we offer are at the link attached:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_performance_packages.htm

Last edited:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply.

So the "package" determines what the chip will do.

The chip must be reburned for aftermarket exhaust.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply.

So the "package" determines what the chip will do.

The chip must be reburned for aftermarket exhaust.

Answer to your question is simply Yes, to obtain maximum performance out of your 03 Cobra. Hope this helps.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 310?

Kill the boost dump?
Anything else?

Thanks

This is exactly what I am doing using 3.2 dub with a super chip specifically tuned for that and the complete Bassani exhaust and cai from upr or jdm. The 2.93 i also purchased just as a back up and maybe try at the track. I would say yes the chip would have to be reburned moving from stock exhaust to ?????.

I am installing tonight, wish me luck .....

Thanks Terry at SFPHQ

:read:

Users who are viewing this thread