pullied, and sprayed 05 GT new track times!!!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
why doesn't he drop the clutch at 5k to launch it???

I'll bet the clutch, if stock, won't hold.

Also, with good traction you can easily break things in the back, like half shafts with that kind of power. I've heard of a few stock GT's breaking half shafts already.

LeoGSVT

Banned
the stock cluch went out at 2,100 miles...it was replaced with a stocker, because they dont make an aftermarket one just yet... but centerforce is using his old fried one to re-surface it into a "race" one........

SillyCobra

Established Member
What's the reason for needing to run at least 100 octane? Is it because that's too much boost for pump gas? Or is it just used for safety?

Has the car broken anything at the track or on the street?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
SillyCobra said:
What's the reason for needing to run at least 100 octane? Is it because that's too much boost for pump gas? Or is it just used for safety?

Has the car broken anything at the track or on the street?

It's probably a combination of both. It allows you to advance the timing, which can get you big gains. You are pushing the limits of pump gas at that boost level, especially with a s/c which naturally gets really hot and can lead to higher incidences of detonation. IMO, why would you risk blowing up a $40K engine.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
SillyCobra said:
I agree. Has he broken any driveline parts?

The last I read was the clutch let go, but other than that I really don't know. I would imagine with the power it putting down and running slicks, without beefing up the driveline/transaxle/half shafts, you're on borrowed time.

People in the know are gonna have to chime in for any real info.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
IMO, why would you risk blowing up a $40K engine.
Because he has the money and balls to do it! The cars were built to be driven hard and thank god someone is entertaining us.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
2-slow said:
Because he has the money and balls to do it! The cars were built to be driven hard and thank god someone is entertaining us.

I'm sure what you are trying to say to me

Just because you have money doesn't mean you're stupid and want to trow away 40k just because. No risk in blowing it up if you simply put some race gas in. It's a smart move when running that much boost and juice.

Fourcam330

Established Member
GT motors aren't 40K fwiw. On ebay maybe, but they can be built with even higher quality componentry (billet rods for example) for less than 20k.

Users who are viewing this thread