pullied, and sprayed 05 GT new track times!!!

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I'm sure what you are trying to say to me

Just because you have money doesn't mean you're stupid and want to trow away 40k just because. No risk in blowing it up if you simply put some race gas in. It's a smart move when running that much boost and juice.
Correct, I was saying he is willing to push it to it's limits and isn't worried about the price of a new one.

LeoGSVT

Banned
if he blew that motor, he would not put the factory one back in it...it would get some nasty 500ci motor with a nice big turbo! which is in the works for the near future!

californiacuda

Established Member
Sounds interesing. Shm maybe has a 6L engine block, but in a modular this is the biggest that I have heard of. With the dry sump, and limited room, would other engines fit? As I was typing this i just thought of the Saleen s7. I know its a pushrod with dry sump engine, but I don't remember how big.

Fourcam330

Established Member
californiacuda said:
Sounds interesing. Shm maybe has a 6L engine block, but in a modular this is the biggest that I have heard of. With the dry sump, and limited room, would other engines fit? As I was typing this i just thought of the Saleen s7. I know its a pushrod with dry sump engine, but I don't remember how big.

The SHM/WP Al blocks (which can be big bored to 5.9L) are cracking left and right. Evidently there's a casting issue.
The S7 uses a 427CI windsor (punched/poked 351).

Fourcam330

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
if he blew that motor, he would not put the factory one back in it...it would get some nasty 500ci motor with a nice big turbo! which is in the works for the near future!

I'm really not sure why you'd need a 500CI motor, with a set of twins, a .020" over 5.4 could easily generate more power (well into the 4 digit range) than he'd ever put to the ground.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I'm really not sure why you'd need a 500CI motor, with a set of twins, a .020" over 5.4 could easily generate more power (well into the 4 digit range) than he'd ever put to the ground.
Damn I cant wait to see that! :rockon:

FordRacing200

Banned
GTSpartan said:
I'll bet the clutch, if stock, won't hold.

Also, with good traction you can easily break things in the back, like half shafts with that kind of power. I've heard of a few stock GT's breaking half shafts already.
ahh i thought about that after i posted, it also sucks because its hard to get aftermarket parts for the cars considering how rare they are as opposed to say a terminator. Also i'm sure swapping clutchs is not a simple task.

Last edited:

LeoGSVT

Banned
heres a litte update...not going to give it away but the car is going under the knife on monday, and is expected to make 4 digit power in about 30 days

Fourcam330

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
heres a litte update...not going to give it away but the car is going under the knife on monday, and is expected to make 4 digit power in about 30 days

Custom turbo kit eh? Who's doing the work? I hope I'm wrong but I bet it takes a little longer than 30 days.

LeoGSVT

Banned
he is skipping the whipple 3.3 upgrade...not enought power for him....the way it looks its going to be a set of 67mm turbos...and since its a weekend toy it will never see pump gas...

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
I wish we could get pics of the build. I can't wait to see this thing unleashed on the streets. :rockon:

LeoGSVT

Banned
there will be tons of pics of the build up...trust me ill post them as soon as i get them...and Videos galore when its done on the road...gunna be hard to find a dyno tho...only one around here maxes out at 1000rwhp and 180mph...when he runs the car on the dyno as of now it maxes out the speed limiter at 180 in 4th gear and shuts the dyno off 300rpms shy of redline!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread