Pump upgrade

Jtaugner

Established Member
:banana:

Stock pump @21volt is will supply enough fuel for ~720rwhp STD at 7200rpm though an auto at .79 lambda on E85.

My data logs show its still pulling about 2% fuel up top, so I'd imagine thats close to the limit on e85.

There are quite a few people running BAP north of 700, but I can't imagine increasing the voltage is healthy for the stock pump. Would be great to grab a 465lph E85 pump and just drop it in or buy a new top hat versus replumbing your entire fuel system.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
There are quite a few people running BAP north of 700, but I can't imagine increasing the voltage is healthy for the stock pump. Would be great to grab a 465lph E85 pump and just drop it in or buy a new top hat versus replumping you're entire fuel system.

For me, its on a hob switch, comes on @ 3psi. so for 99% of the time, it only sees 12-13.5 volts.

Turbosixx

Established Member
My car has been a best of 144.65 mph on the stock pump and KB bap. The stock pump will support some power.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Mind sharing what Hobbs switch you use or how the setup is laid out? I have had the same idea to run a bap this way, but hadn't seen anyone else do it yet.

JPC for the win! There kit that I run a dedicated power wire and Relay from the batt for more power

nonliberal

Established Member
Mind sharing what Hobbs switch you use or how the setup is laid out? I have had the same idea to run a bap this way, but hadn't seen anyone else do it yet.

My JMS BAP came with the hobbs switch. I set it to come on at 3psi. It screwed directly into the port on the passenger side rear of the TVS blower. Works like a charm.

scholle

Established Member
I like JMS-chips electronics and parts I have seen so far. Being that the founder/owner of JMS is also the founder of SCT and is active with both I feel like they are worth looking into.
Ive been looking at the DivisionX Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat.Its a return style but It has a factory plug ,reuses the factory sender. It will accept several brands of pumps (x2) also to keep costs closer to what you may have in mind. If you shop around and are creative it can be done cheaper than the all out 1100+hp racing setups.
Keeping a stock unit with pump ugrades has been done.
Just an example here, Im sure there are sellers here have a setup for whatever you are looking for.
PGI 340lph High Pressure In-Tank Fuel Pump (2011-2014 Mustang) - Fuel Pumps - Mustang Performance Parts

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we have e85 capable fuel systems for under 1300 for you guys, and non e85 for a bit less.

you don't have to get super crazy to get what you need, a lot of people just go for the larger setups so they don't have to upgrade again later

Jtaugner

Established Member
we have e85 capable fuel systems for under 1300 for you guys, and non e85 for a bit less.

you don't have to get super crazy to get what you need, a lot of people just go for the larger setups so they don't have to upgrade again later

This is my biggest problem with the Mustang compared to most other cars. Usually you can just get a drop in fuel pump and be set for awhile. Most of the big HP guys will go for the return-line or multiple pump setups.

You either spend $200-$400 for a BAP and push your stock pump or end up spending $1300 for a 1200 RWHP setup and re plumb your entire fuel system. There is no middle ground. It just blows my mind with all the Beef Paxton setups and Roush setups that someone hasn't come up with a $500-$700 drop in setup that uses most of the in place system.

nonliberal

Established Member
Seems like it should be as easy as making an adapter adapts -AN fitting to stock fuel line connection.

Then you can connect a twin pump fuel hat to the stock fuel line, add in a non return FPR before the fuel rails. Kit should only require a couple adapters, the fuel hat, FPR and another pump.

Jtaugner

Established Member
Seems like it should be as easy as making an adapter adapts -AN fitting to stock fuel line connection.

Then you can connect a twin pump fuel hat to the stock fuel line, add in a non return FPR before the fuel rails. Kit should only require a couple adapters, the fuel hat, FPR and another pump.

Biggest problem is the fuel hat. Everything is Billet.

DW 340 Pumps - $169 (x2)
CPE Top Hat - $549
A1000 FPR - $165

That's $1052, fittings and line wouldn't be much more. You're almost at the price point of JPC's 1100 HP Setup.

BBR has the Jackal system, which is still a full return system but the price point is a little more reasonable, $780 for a complete kit. http://blowbyracing.com/bbrja10fusy2.html

Last edited:

nonliberal

Established Member
They still arent "cheap" but the Fore can be had for $435 from Fore and I think Beefcake can even beat that price.

S197-C Fuel Pump Module (twin pump)

Twin stock pumps would do what we are needing here so that only requires 1 additional pump.

If not needing return ports, good FPR can be had cheaper as well.

Last edited:

spdracr0

Established Member
So 140mph can be achieved on a 290lph pump with BAP and a restrictive T.How bout 1 400lph, BAP and a non-restrictive T..sounds like a lil more flow to me. And for someone like myself, 10% more fuel would be wonderful about now..

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I remember RACERAT's Boss was making a little over 850rwhp with a stock pump and KB BAP on race gas.

Doug1227

Established Member
The issue is when using E85. THAT's when you need these big systems because it requires so much more fuel.

spdracr0

Established Member
There are a few cars with stock pumps and BAP's trap 140 around here.

My car has been a best of 144.65 mph on the stock pump and KB bap. The stock pump will support some power.

On gas or corn? If I were on gas this would still be a non issue

Doug1227

Established Member
Mine went 134 just starting to lean out with E85, 80's and a 17.5volt KB BAP. Switching to a return system as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread