Pump upgrade

spdracr0

Established Member
I have not looked in the tank yet. Can I upgrade to a larger pump for now?

nonliberal

Established Member
Good question. I even thought about seeing if the 13-14 GT500 fuel system would work. I hear its good for 900hp.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
You can make a 465lph pump fit in the stock hanger, its not designed for it but it can and has been done. The stock pump is 400lph iirc.

Shaun@AED

According to FORE stock pump is 290LPH.

FYI the restriction in the stock system seems to be the 'T' on top of the fuel pump.
If this is the case a 465 will not flow anymore fuel than the stock pump + 21volt BAP.

Jtaugner

Established Member
I'm really surprised with all the people in the 550-700 range with F.I, a vendor hasn't gotten a stock hat replacement.

Like most people I'm not looking to spend $1800 on a 1400 RWHP fuel setup. Something like a drop in Walbro 465 without all the return setup/three pump non-sense to eliminate the need for a BAP while being E85 capable.

D.T.R

Established Member
I personally think that upgrading just the fuel pump for a bigger/better one, and leaving everything else stock is like putting a bandaid on the problem. If you are already outgrowing the stock pump, which means in are making north of 650-700whp, it's time to bite the bullet and go with a return system IMO.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't think that your fuel system is a place to go cheap. I went jpc double pump return thru beef and have zero regrets, hell I almost got the triple 465 pumps

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Its not "cheaping out". There's just no need for a 1400hp fuel system on a 700hp car.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ Well there aren't really many other options than to go with 1000+hp systems, and all of them are return-style...

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its not "cheaping out". There's just no need for a 1400hp fuel system on a 700hp car.

I understand, but why run something at almost full tilt, ie stock pump with bap, when you can go with a fuel system that grows with your mods. I have stock motor with paxton on corn. I am happy with current power right now, but how long will that last. Build motor and my fuel system is still good, because I have plenty of pump left over.
If you are going to NEVER go over say 600-650 or if daring 700 then sure maybe the full return double pump is overkill, but how many can stop at any given number.
We all mod and mod and mod. I went over kill with the beefcake special ran id1000s and stock 3.8 pulley with bap. I knew it would not be long until I wanted more and I didn't want to upgrade my injectors again. Sure enough I added return fuel 3.6 pulley and made the swap to corn. Then came the torque booster / wastegate with 8 rib and 3.15 pulley. It never ends.

Build your fuel system for future mods not current.

If you can set a limit and really stay there then good on you, because I can admit that I will never stop modding this or any car as long as I can.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I sent my stock pump off to a member on here along with pictures and measurements in October. He wanted to make an upgrade option for the stock hat. Not sure how it went, never heard anything or checked back with him to see.

D.T.R

Established Member
Yessir.

But don't expect details till it's fully tested and released.

That would be a huge help to the community.
90% of the people on here needs a fuel system to support no more than 1000hp... and if you can accomplish that without breaking the bank, people would be all over it.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Dustin at CPR is working on this.

:banana:

Stock pump @21volt is will supply enough fuel for ~720rwhp STD at 7200rpm though an auto at .79 lambda on E85.

My data logs show its still pulling about 2% fuel up top, so I'd imagine thats close to the limit on e85.

Users who are viewing this thread