HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
upload_2016-11-24_10-41-8.png

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats and welcome to the Viper club! It's a fun, unique car. Enjoy it!

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Love seeing these Viper threads. I need to get around to making mine. I still have my mustang, but acquired a gen 2 viper gts and have made many modifications making it much faster than when I acquired it.

Looks great, just watch out for them turbo mustangs ;)

[video=youtube;q54TdAasCIs][/video]

You sir, need to watch out for my turbo Viper.

IMG_20160813_072425_zpsxmvxn7si.jpg

It is most definitely a beast. I would assume it is a 10 second car by the way it feels alone, I am sure it will be crazy after water/meth and 10 PSI.

Under wide open throttle it behaves really well, it spins some but is very easy to control.

@ 7 psi mine makes 650whp. @ 15psi it makes 940whp :)

They are well behaved.
If I floor mine in 1st, it doesn't even spin. Chirps the tires when I put in 2nd and then keeps hauling like a freight train.
She only spins the tires if I dump the clutch.
So much traction it's crazy.

Mine hooks like crazy

Great looking '97 Viper. Congratulations. You're really starting to know the car, and it's limits, so you'll be fine with it. Just be smart and don't disrespect it's limits. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Again, congratulations on getting your dream car. :beer:

+1

My mustang's traction control will correct a lot for me, my Viper however, I have to do the correcting.

Thanks everyone! It has 345s in the back by the way! Gen 3 viper rims.

Mine has 18x13 rear rims with 345's. I almost bought a red one with different black rims that looked amazing, I'll have to find a pic for ya. AMAZING

I want more pics of everyones Viper's always and also want videos always please thank you :)

Plenty more pics of mine on IG, but here's another

IMG_20160717_084100893_zpsb1zghnef.jpg

IMG_20160717_225528_zpsedrbbs3b.jpg

The Roe cars don't get hot like a Eaton, so the meth will make a little more power depending on the pulley but it doesn't really make the heat being a twin screw KB blower. You are correct in your assumption of a 10 second car, most go 10.90's. The roots blower just beats the motor up though, lots of blowby and kills the rings. No idea why. I love the punch of the roots Viper though it was the first one I ever rode in and I fell in love! Just keep the launchs easy if you are stock axels. Your clutch stock will hold the power no problem and the T56 is the bad boy one already and you won't have issues until over 800. Most Roe cars are 550-600whp and 550-600wtq so they are punchy fun.

The gen 2 Viper spec T56 is rated 600tq but I think that is low. After 4k miles of boost and 1100hp I had to rebuild the trans last month. They are strong.

Unless it's got some ninja mods, I would be very surprised at those numbers on 5psi. Most people at 8psi don't even crack 600.

I make 650whp @ 7psi. 940whp @15PSI

Some flame action

IMG_20161126_153821_zpscubha9oq.jpg

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Beautiful Viper! I have seen that one on youtube!

Yeah the previous owner had a few vids. Previous owner more so had an "unfinished project" that he never properly finished until I picked her up. ECU was junk, pumps weren't right, ONLY ran on E85, had too big of a hotside, it was a dyno queen (1020whp), nothing more. I changed ECU, complete car rewire, pumps, hotside, car is true flex fuel (can run on both fuels and automatically configure mix), and gained 385whp at lower rpms while only losing a few top end hp. The car is an absolute animal now.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I can imagine! My car makes a little over 600 and feels like a beast, I imagine 900+ would be insane!

Users who are viewing this thread