Purchased My Dream Car

MFE

Established Member
Looks nice. The viper's insanity starts to become present near its limits. It really is much less forgiving so be careful!

Dat lift-throttle oversteer doe.

The same thing that gave the early Porsche 911's a bad reputation plagues cars like the Viper. What do you do when you think you're going too fast? Lift off the gas! Maybe stab the brakes while you're at it. Load shifts forward, gives the front tires more traction, takes traction away from the rear, and around she goes. And it happens too fast for the kind of driver who snaps off the gas when they get scared. Take it to an autocross or two and hang it way out, with nothing to hit.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

The same thing that gave the early Porsche 911's a bad reputation plagues cars like the Viper. What do you do when you think you're going too fast? Lift off the gas! Maybe stab the brakes while you're at it. Load shifts forward, gives the front tires more traction, takes traction away from the rear, and around she goes. And it happens too fast for the kind of driver who snaps off the gas when they get scared. Take it to an autocross or two and hang it way out, with nothing to hit.

Hmm makes sense, I'll have to practice and make sure I don't do that.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
I bought mine the day after my 24th birthday this year! My dream car aswell. Now I'm focusing on making it in perfect shape.
13015409_10153991524091236_4057774735354602875_n.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Hmm makes sense, I'll have to practice and make sure I don't do that.

First thing I did was find a large open parking lot and learn how it reacts under extreme scenarios lol. Biggest thing I notice is how quickly it snaps back on a slide and yes throttle lift oversteer.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member

The Viper isn't a machine that wasn't kill you like everybody say.
I've had several times people who try to tell me, how my car behaves. Even though they've never driven a Viper.
Sure, if you **** up then you will **** up pretty damn good. The car wont ever lift a finger an inch to help you save it.
But the car isn't some mental death machine with IR radar to trees. It's 100% driver.
It's a true and honest car and to be honest, it's the easiest car I've ever driven under WOT.
Meanwhile every Mustang is litteraly everywhere on the road during WOT, the Viper stays put.

But sure, it can bite you. Hard! But it's all in the driver.

Though now OP bought a supercharged Viper, I have no idea what kind of beast that might be.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
The Viper isn't a machine that wasn't kill you like everybody say.
I've had several times people who try to tell me, how my car behaves. Even though they've never driven a Viper.
Sure, if you **** up then you will **** up pretty damn good. The car wont ever lift a finger an inch to help you save it.
But the car isn't some mental death machine with IR radar to trees. It's 100% driver.
It's a true and honest car and to be honest, it's the easiest car I've ever driven under WOT.
Meanwhile every Mustang is litteraly everywhere on the road during WOT, the Viper stays put.

But sure, it can bite you. Hard! But it's all in the driver.

Though now OP bought a supercharged Viper, I have no idea what kind of beast that might be.

It is most definitely a beast. I would assume it is a 10 second car by the way it feels alone, I am sure it will be crazy after water/meth and 10 PSI.

Under wide open throttle it behaves really well, it spins some but is very easy to control.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
It is most definitely a beast. I would assume it is a 10 second car by the way it feels alone, I am sure it will be crazy after water/meth and 10 PSI.

Under wide open throttle it behaves really well, it spins some but is very easy to control.

They are well behaved.
If I floor mine in 1st, it doesn't even spin. Chirps the tires when I put in 2nd and then keeps hauling like a freight train.
She only spins the tires if I dump the clutch.
So much traction it's crazy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The tires have have a ton of surface area on the ground.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking '97 Viper. Congratulations. You're really starting to know the car, and it's limits, so you'll be fine with it. Just be smart and don't disrespect it's limits. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Again, congratulations on getting your dream car. :beer:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Congrats OP! Man I have always wanted a 97 or 98 GTS. Those are my favorite body style by far. You just picked up a badass ride. Enjoy and be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread