Put on the MAFia and tring a different oil seperator

03svtvenom

Established Member
Put on the MAFia and trying a different oil seperator

I Just got the MAFia from Amazom Racing. Pretty neat unit and the install was a breeze. This is a different kind of oil seperator im trying. I had the home made oil seperator that most are using (Air compressor water trap) and it was stopping some oil but alot was getting by it. I just added this oil seperator today so in a couple of weeks I should have a better idea if it is working better then the old one i was using.

DSCN2143(Small).JPG

DSCN2110(Small).JPG

DSCN2151(Small).JPG

DSCN2149(Small).JPG

DSCN2148(Small).JPG

Last edited:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I have the old type oil separator and it seems to be catching oil. How do you know it passes oil too? If the new one works better, give us the details!

03svtvenom

Established Member
badboy said:
I have the old type oil separator and it seems to be catching oil. How do you know it passes oil too? If the new one works better, give us the details!

Well the old one passes oil because the line coming out of it was full of oil when I removed it. Another guy here has had the (air compressor) seperator on his car and has for some time now when he last took off the blower there was oil.
Im not saying this one will work better, Im just saying the old one is not catching all of it. Heck I can get almost an inch in the old style in a few days of hard driving then it just don't fill any more than that so I was always thinking it was getting by.

Last edited:

03svtvenom

Established Member
03DOHC said:
Did you get the mafia because you were pegging your MAF with your mods?

No Im not pegging the maf at all with my mods. I just plan to do some things this summer and want to be ready if needed. :banana:

elmo0244

Established Member
i'm not sure if you need a tune for it if it's on zero.i got mine from rwtd and he said set to two with my mods and his custom tune.

CWD

Established Member
Oil separator

Looks great! May I ask where you purchased it? Thanks

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
154 shipped from James at www.rwtd.com

Also, for setting 0 you do not need a retune.....its the same as stock voltages.....just like an extension piece persay...

rick

Users who are viewing this thread