Put some new plugs in....

DaveMan

COBRA COMMANDER
Established Member
And WOW what a difference! I pulled NGK TR6s out and put in NGK TR6IXs. The car ran fine up until last week when it started to miss a bit at idle and low RPMs. The Iridium's fixed it completely though!

And I have to say, this car is SO easy to change plugs in! :rolling: :beer:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
im at 36k and this is the first time ive changed the plugs i will post pics later......the plugs seem to look fine for changing them at that mileage but still definatley needed to be done. daveman how did yours look?

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
how much are they comparred to TR6's ??? what HP range are they good for ?

I changed my TR6's out to TR7IX's and my tuner pulled them and put TR6's back in and said that Iridiums suck when it comes to making good or big power.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. I always used iridium plugs with my Cobra. Never had a problem. Loved them.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
my tuner did not recommend the iridiums, either. not a functionality issue, more of a cost/benefit issue. They recommend the $2/per BR7EF TR7

DaveMan

COBRA COMMANDER
Established Member
I don't feel like changing my plugs every oil change or anything like that so that's why I went with iridium plugs. I've used them in the past with me old boosted car and ran 22psi on them and they lasted a very long time.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have run both...TR7 irridiums for the smoothest idle FTW! plus a colder heat range...anything to keep those cylinder temps down....

SVTPaul

Established Member
my tuner did not recommend the iridiums, either. not a functionality issue, more of a cost/benefit issue. They recommend the $2/per BR7EF TR7

Can't go wrong with the BR7EF's! I run them in my pullied Cobra and my brother runs them in his TT Cobra. I wanted to run the coldest heat range I could get away with to help keep detonation away. I live in a cooler climate and still no issues other than a VERY slight miss for the first few minutes after startup on a cold day. At the cost of them I don't have much reason to complain when changing them out every spring :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread