Put your phone down

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And observe how many people feel compelled to instantly view/respond to every text message. Social media sucks! Texting sucks for the most part. Normal communication with eye contact and attention has pretty much died. People ignore each other and speak with word bites. Short sentences. They'd rather click their phones. o_O

We were at dinner last summer with our second oldest granddaughter (19). We never touched our phones through our entire dinner. A rule we have. Well, two women eating across from us came up to our table as they left and told us it was so refreshing to see mom, dad and "daughter" (LOL) talking together throughout dinner, paying attention to each other. People do observe positive behavior, too.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
It's funny, because they always place the menus across from each other and get the:confused: look when I have to pull the menu across the table.

Yeah they get pissed when i pull it over to me and put my phone where it was

Coiled03

Established Member
I have a 7 year old daughter that loves her ipad, and loves to go out to eat. I find more and more frequently that restaurants have some kind of electronic entertainment, whether it's trivia, or other games. Every time I go in one of those with my daughter, I tell her if she touches it, we're not coming back there again.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
Work stuff is different, I can understand that.

My wife just goes into full checked-out mode. Either looking at stupid shit, or randomly scrolling though meaningless bullshit.

Doesn’t matter if it’s around the house after work, at dinner, or laying in bed before I get shot down at a piece of ass, her face is glued to that stupid piece of shit.

This lol
Sometimes it gets better but for the most part..
Me: "Hey, you're gonna burn a hole through that phone"
Her:
giphy.gif

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Working in hospitality i hate it when people will not put their phones down. When i ask you “are you checking in, going the restaurant or the spa” and your ignorant ass replies “yes” cause you will not disengage from that ****ing phone. I lose it. I walk off on people until they put it away and acknowledge i am greeting them. If you are one of those ****heads then remove head from ass and look up.

It pisses me off to no end when pulling a 100k car around and a dumbass staring at their phone walks dead in front of me and i gotta stop quickly to avoid hitting them. Look where you are going.
Talk to those rotten ass crotchfuit kids you popped out when they are yelling for your attention.

Signed a hospitality worker

Stang Lover

Established Member
Guilty. I’ve taken facebook off my phone because of that and it has helped me. Normally I’ll raid in clash of clan before hand because i know it will take about 45mins for an army to build lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Guilty. I’ve taken facebook off my phone because of that and it has helped me. Normally I’ll raid in clash of clan before hand because i know it will take about 45mins for an army to build lol.

**** it... starting a thres

Zemedici

Established Member

Same reason i took clash off my phone lololol

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
My life was much more interesting when I didn't have a cell phone. Didn't have one in high school or college cause they weren't available yet I always found interesting shit to do with my time.

Go anywhere in public and at least 60% of the ppl have their head buried in their phone. Its really ****ing annoying and we wonder why so many ppl crash their cars daily while on cell phones smh

Went out o dinner last night with the family, and 90% of the people were glued to their phones. Gone are the days of engaging each other. I don't agree with parents letting their kids bring tablets or phones to restaurants either.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My ex used to do this all the time. We'd be eating dinner, either at home or at a restaurant, and that stupid ****ing phone is in her hands. Drove me nuts.
I don't know how many times we've argued because of this. I think it's rude and obnoxious. I hate it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
With as common as those things are becoming you better hope her logic skills fail her, otherwise she will figure out that if she touches them all she will have more time at home with her iPad lol.

My granddaughter has a 1hour daily limit on iPad use. If she wants extra time on it she has to earn it by doing stuff outside of her normal chores and then it is like only an extra hour

I have a 7 year old daughter that loves her ipad, and loves to go out to eat. I find more and more frequently that restaurants have some kind of electronic entertainment, whether it's trivia, or other games. Every time I go in one of those with my daughter, I tell her if she touches it, we're not coming back there again.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
I see this as well. Two people out on a romantic evening at a nice restaurant for dinner and on their phones. I'm old fashioned. If I'm out with someone I am involved in a conversation with that person. If you are out on a date or a romantic evening with your significant other there is no one else more important at that moment. Tablets are meant for home and phones need to be put away. It's rude to be on your phone. I never had a phone until I could afford it. I can believe how society is these days. They actually have a special day to be disconnected from phones and other mobile devices. That's really sad. I prefer being out and interacting with people in public. Maybe I just don't get it or I was brought up better.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread