Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With the economy slowing down, do you think Ford dealers have stock of new f250's with the the 7.3 on their lots soon? I'm just not an order and wait kind of person, and I'm not particularly picky on options and colors when it comes to my work truck. It just has to have 4x4 and heated seats for my wife.

No. I was receiving orders for 2022s up until the day the order banks closed, and have 9 people waiting (so far) on the 2023 banks to open.

Dusten

Established Member
With the economy slowing down, do you think Ford dealers have stock of new f250's with the the 7.3 on their lots soon? I'm just not an order and wait kind of person, and I'm not particularly picky on options and colors when it comes to my work truck. It just has to have 4x4 and heated seats for my wife.

My local dealer has
Nm... They're on order

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
@13COBRA
Did you ever order a F250 Shelby Baja for yourself? When they first came out I know there were only made with the powerstroke but now you can option it with a Godzilla

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA
Did you ever order a F250 Shelby Baja for yourself? When they first came out I know there were only made with the powerstroke but now you can option it with a Godzilla

No. They look neat, but I have no use for it. It wouldn't pull my car trailer for crap.

If I didn't have the trailer, I'd definitely ditch the dually and go with one though.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
A wondering question, how is Lincoln doing? I have been shopping around for a Benz/Bimmer for the SO and have found that Lincoln has been going downhill. Maybe Ford has stepped up that the difference is not as noticeable. Example, the Navi and Expo are nearly identical for the price they are asking. IMO Ford should can Lincoln because they just took the brand to Mercury status? What are your thoughts?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A wondering question, how is Lincoln doing? I have been shopping around for a Benz/Bimmer for the SO and have found that Lincoln has been going downhill. Maybe Ford has stepped up that the difference is not as noticeable. Example, the Navi and Expo are nearly identical for the price they are asking. IMO Ford should can Lincoln because they just took the brand to Mercury status? What are your thoughts?

I don't think there was ever enough money spent to differentiate the two brands.

As far a being different, the Escalade isn't much different than the Yukon.

The big difference between Ford and Lincoln is when you get to the Black Label trim level.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
IMO I think when the refreshed 18+ Lincoln Navigator came out it was a very nice jump from the Expedition(which was also very nice refresh) and even was better than the 18-19 Escalade. The Navigator was struggling to sell prior to the refresh.

Interior was on another level, exterior too was sharp. Power was top of class and probably still is as Chevy never bothered bumping the 6.2L power level. I think only the Grand Wagoneer now has more power but I doubt it's faster.

It was the "hot" truck around here to have for 2-3 years. At least around here they were sold out quickly prior to the COVID shortages.

I know before we bought a wagoneer I noticed the used prices for the Navigator around here was a lot lower vs new price compared to the rest of the full size SUVs used vs new prices.

WVTrakPak

Established Member

I am hearing that all Bronco reservation holders will get a 2022 before the end of the year and they will not rollover to 2023. I have an order date as of 5-21-21, do you know anything about this rumor??

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I am hearing that all Bronco reservation holders will get a 2022 before the end of the year and they will not rollover to 2023. I have an order date as of 5-21-21, do you know anything about this rumor??

That's what I've heard as well...

BUT, that's all subject to change at a moment's notice.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
That's what I've heard as well...

BUT, that's all subject to change at a moment's notice.
So...I chatted with ford and gave them my order number and sales code and I was told that "it has been given the clear to start production when the next production week becomes available." Should I be excited about this??

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So...I chatted with ford and gave them my order number and sales code and I was told that "it has been given the clear to start production when the next production week becomes available." Should I be excited about this??

.....yes, and no.

lol

It means it's Unscheduled-Clean. Just waiting on a week where that region gets an allocation to cover the order. 90% of retail orders all sit at an Unscheduled-Clean status.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@13COBRA

Ya, I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway: Why hasn't Ford offered a Mustang model in a light tan/desert tan metallic?

Don't cha think a Mach1 or GT500 would look kinda classy?

Wish I could photoshop it.

Users who are viewing this thread