Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I was wondering if you could find out any information on the recall on my 2020 Fusion plug in, PHEV battery cell degradation. Thanks!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Hey Nick (@13COBRA ), I was wondering if Ford does anything special for financing on leftover specialty vehicles? There is a new 2022 Mach 1 in SoCal (I'm in Vegas) and since it is a 2022 and brand new, what can I expect in terms of financing and any wiggle room (they have already discounted it about $2500 off of MSRP). I'm not a fan of financing, but does Ford do anything special for a brand new 2 year old vehicle like this one? Thanks!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Nick (@13COBRA ), I was wondering if Ford does anything special for financing on leftover specialty vehicles? There is a new 2022 Mach 1 in SoCal (I'm in Vegas) and since it is a 2022 and brand new, what can I expect in terms of financing and any wiggle room (they have already discounted it about $2500 off of MSRP). I'm not a fan of financing, but does Ford do anything special for a brand new 2 year old vehicle like this one? Thanks!

Unfortunately no. It's already hit "Final Pay" which means it won't receive any additional incentives or savings from Ford. Now, that dealer should be motivated to sell.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Unfortunately no. It's already hit "Final Pay" which means it won't receive any additional incentives or savings from Ford. Now, that dealer should be motivated to sell.
Makes me wonder if they are motivated because it has to have been on their lot for close to 2 years by now. Thanks for the info. Happy Thanksgiving.

VegasMichael

Established Member
@13COBRA
Question: If someone calls your service department this morning and wants to get their vehicle serviced what is the earliest appointment they could get?

I'm asking because last week my local Ford dealer told me December 29(two weeks) and I thought that was a long time. Called a different Ford dealer a few minutes ago a few towns over and he told me January 22 was the earliest.

Is it just my area or are you guys that busy everywhere?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA
Question: If someone calls your service department this morning and wants to get their vehicle serviced what is the earliest appointment they could get?

I'm asking because last week my local Ford dealer told me December 29(two weeks) and I thought that was a long time. Called a different Ford dealer a few minutes ago a few towns over and he told me January 22 was the earliest.

Is it just my area or are you guys that busy everywhere?

Busy every where. We're scheduling for January for most things. Now, oil changes and stuff I'm sure I could fit it in sometime...but for any kind of A Line technician work, it's at least 2 weeks out. Engines, transmissions and diesels are further out than that.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Busy every where. We're scheduling for January for most things. Now, oil changes and stuff I'm sure I could fit it in sometime...but for any kind of A Line technician work, it's at least 2 weeks out. Engines, transmissions and diesels are further out than that.
Is it a matter of being short on staff or just a deluge of business?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it a matter of being short on staff or just a deluge of business?

Just that busy really. It's a trickle down effect of not as many new vehicles being on the market the last 4 years. People are keeping their vehicles a little longer and it's messing up their trade cycle, and increasing the average maintenance and service they need to do on them during ownership.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Just that busy really. It's a trickle down effect of not as many new vehicles being on the market the last 4 years. People are keeping their vehicles a little longer and it's messing up their trade cycle, and increasing the average maintenance and service they need to do on them during ownership.
Thanks. My 2014 Explorer is showing two different engine codes with the scanner. Hope it's safe to drive for several more days.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

you all having much trouble getting parts? We're still really taking it in the shorts on class 8 truck parts

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
you all having much trouble getting parts? We're still really taking it in the shorts on class 8 truck parts

Oh yeah. All of the manufacturers are struggling with parts availability. I've never seen parts go on and off back order so often. Big parts, all the way down to oil filters.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Nick and his team at Chuck Anderson Ford. Ordered an F250 XL back in October and arrived at my driveway this week , by far the easiest vehicle purchase I have made.

Thanks Luis, I appreciate it! Hope you enjoy it! Glad it beat the snow haha That always throws off transport.

Stanger00

Established Member
Try building planes....
After working in manufacturing for 18 months and understanding what aviation and military quality standards are to meet aircraft needs, I will not go back. Suppliers are not only behind schedule but they ship marginal material and get tied up in months long back and forth on the quality issue and fix or remake. Exciting times.

Users who are viewing this thread