Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

Dusten

Established Member
After working in manufacturing for 18 months and understanding what aviation and military quality standards are to meet aircraft needs, I will not go back. Suppliers are not only behind schedule but they ship marginal material and get tied up in months long back and forth on the quality issue and fix or remake. Exciting times.

Yup. I've been in aviation for 4 years. And right now due to supply issues we are farther behind than I've seen ever seen.

bglf83

Established Member
Local GMC dealer was always like this before COVID, I am sure it’s even worse now.

I do not think it helps that newer vehicles seem to have more service related problems (check engine lights) than one from the mid 2000s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Local GMC dealer was always like this before COVID, I am sure it’s even worse now.

I do not think it helps that newer vehicles seem to have more service related problems (check engine lights) than one from the mid 2000s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Because they went from having 20 sensors, to 200. lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Because they went from having 20 sensors, to 200. lol
No shit. My 18 2.7 is constantly throwing rear O2 codes. I replaced them once along time ago and it lasted 6 month till they came back. I just ignore them anymore. Any fix for that Nick?

SHOdown220

Established Member
@13COBRA
Question: If someone calls your service department this morning and wants to get their vehicle serviced what is the earliest appointment they could get?

I'm asking because last week my local Ford dealer told me December 29(two weeks) and I thought that was a long time. Called a different Ford dealer a few minutes ago a few towns over and he told me January 22 was the earliest.

Is it just my area or are you guys that busy everywhere?

For whatever reason it always seems the American brands have crazy waits to get into the shop. I’m not sure if it’s lack of technicians, parts availability, scheduling issues or a combination.

I’m at Honda and we average 160-170 cars a day and can still take same day or next day appointments. Toyota next door is the same way, Dodge across the street is 1-2 weeks out.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For whatever reason it always seems the American brands have crazy waits to get into the shop. I’m not sure if it’s lack of technicians, parts availability, scheduling issues or a combination.

I’m at Honda and we average 160-170 cars a day and can still take same day or next day appointments. Toyota next door is the same way, Dodge across the street is 1-2 weeks out.

Depends on size of shop too.

I just had to send a 22 RAV 4 down to a Toyota store in KC for a 4wd fault...it was 2 weeks out for an appointment.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
A bazillion.
Since I don't have a commute anymore, I'm heavily thinking about downgrading to an older vehicle that I can maintain. My current truck just cost me $710 for a starter and now I have a headlight system malfunction error which I have no idea what to do with. The headlight is led and doesn't look serviceable to me.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Thanks. My 2014 Explorer is showing two different engine codes with the scanner. Hope it's safe to drive for several more days.
So I got the Explorer in this morning and it was $189 just to diagnose the problem. Called me a bit ago and said it was the purge valve. I said go ahead and fix it. Out the door it's costing about $515. No one said life was cheap.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since I don't have a commute anymore, I'm heavily thinking about downgrading to an older vehicle that I can maintain. My current truck just cost me $710 for a starter and now I have a headlight system malfunction error which I have no idea what to do with. The headlight is led and doesn't look serviceable to me.

Ok?

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
So I got the Explorer in this morning and it was $189 just to diagnose the problem. Called me a bit ago and said it was the purge valve. I said go ahead and fix it. Out the door it's costing about $515. No one said life was cheap.

That sucks. I did ours on our 13 last year, it's about a $35 part, and 20 minutes.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
In the flexbed of the Maverick are two spots for storage bins. The screws do not come with the bin and even using the ones from the plastic plate you are still two or so short. Any idea the size or type?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Kinda what I thought. Not sure how much the rears come into play in the computer.
Super hard to find someone that’ll do it in a tune anymore. I’d either get forscan and look at the mode six or have ford look at em. Seems like a lot of cat failures these days

VegasMichael

Established Member
That sucks. I did ours on our 13 last year, it's about a $35 part, and 20 minutes.
Yeah I thought about it doing it myself but I couldn't be sure what the problem was with the two codes. One code listed a few different things it could be and I don't have the equipment to figure out which. After he told me on the phone I figured I was already in about 200 bucks so I just said get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread